Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rob321

Should I Have 2 Remotes

6 posts in this topic

Hi all hope someone can help me with my question,ordered new fiesta zetec on 31 mar 2010 waited for delivery as car was at factory received car on 20 april. I was under the mpressin after looking onford website that I should have got 2 remotes with the car. I recomended these cars to a friend who bought the exact same model and picked it up on 5 may with 2 remote flip keys as stated on ford website.the car is a fiesta zetec 12.5 3 door. emailed ford a few times but no response, have I bought an old stock car? if so what can i do about it thanks in advance.

It's highly possible you bought a car that was sat at vhc already built. You seem to have got your car within 3 weeks which is how long they take from vhc. I very much doubt Ford will do anything instead go in to the dealership and have a word with sales manager see if they will sort it out of good will.

Im getting mine next week, which is also pre-built. It does come with 2 remote keys and a spare non remote key, but the dealer told me the 2nd remote key was an extra. although I wasn't going to be charged as it was already with the car.

But it seems you don't get 2 remote keys as standard and if you want another you may have to pay, or have a word with your dealer and see if they can sort you one out free of charge.

Thanks

Kris

Im getting mine next week, which is also pre-built. It does come with 2 remote keys and a spare non remote key, but the dealer told me the 2nd remote key was an extra. although I wasn't going to be charged as it was already with the car.

But it seems you don't get 2 remote keys as standard and if you want another you may have to pay, or have a word with your dealer and see if they can sort you one out free of charge.

Thanks

Kris

thanks will have a word with dealer wish I,d said I wanted 2 remotes at time of sale just thought I,d get 2 which I,d seen on the ford site.

If its a 2009MY build Zetec then your get 1 standard remote and 1 Non-remote key, If it a 2010.5 build car (exc. Studio)it will come with 2 remote flip keys. If you message me your reg i'll check the system for what it should have.