Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Ka Mpg Computer?

ScottishMac

Hey all first post!

My sister and I just picked up our Ford Ka Zetec today and was playing about with the trip computer for a minute at the lights on the way back and was wondering if it has an MPG computer. I quickly skimmed through the menu but couldn't see anything.

Would anyone be able to shine any light on this?

Thank you :)

yes it does, should be there. vastly inaccurate when i had a ka as a courtesy car, read 99 mpg at one point!

Yeah I finally saw the trip button on the wiper stalk and set it up today. Have to say, not too pleased with the mileage, but I'm going to attribute that to the car only doing 150 miles thus far and waiting for the engine to get broken in, not to mention its a !Removed! petrol car. Told her to get a diesel but she never listens to me lol. Although was really happy with the fact that it was able to handle 5th gear at 30mph pretty well and that certainly upped my mileage.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Try waiting to at least 5000 miles to get better mpg figures these cars have very tight tolerances.

My fiesta is at 6500 miles and iam only just seeing over 40mpg

Jamie

I am at least 2.5mpg difference with car computer and actual mpg Empty tank, reset odometer refill when empty again and calculate. car has done 4500 miles and getting on fill ups 46 to 50 mpg actual. Car computer says 50 to 53mpg

I am at least 2.5mpg difference with car computer and actual mpg Empty tank, reset odometer refill when empty again and calculate. car has done 4500 miles and getting on fill ups 46 to 50 mpg actual. Car computer says 50 to 53mpg

Car computer tells me I'm getting 55-60mpg :)

Calculating it manually upon refill (as described by NZH) I'm getting upper 40s mpg :(

( Ka Style Plus 1.2 Petrol engine - done nearly 20,000 miles) :huh:

KevinB

Kaklub.co.uk

Car computer tells me I'm getting 55-60mpg :)

Calculating it manually upon refill (as described by NZH) I'm getting upper 40s mpg :(

( Ka Style Plus 1.2 Petrol engine - done nearly 20,000 miles) :huh:

and nippy

KevinB

Kaklub.co.uk

It would appear with a run in engine the ka2 will not get into the 50+mpg bracket. Mind you i think they are good fun to drive

Fun to drive and almost as nippy as the original Ka if you give it some revs -

except giving it revs is what lowers the mpg of course. :P

Taking things slowly and carefully and gently over a weekend, and driving like an old man, I managed to average 57.9mpg according to the digital trip readout.

That MAY well have been almost 50mpg in reality.

post-10965-127678271111_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Went on an A road trip of 98 miles today and averaged 64mpg (according to trip computer). 1.3 TDCI with 250miles on the odo, never put fuel myself yet :)so no figures to calculate!

I have a 1.3 tdci ka and have found it's fantastic on fuel! Much cheaper to run than my previous car which was a 1.1 petrol. Have had it since January and its done just over 11k miles now. The last long journey i did from souht wales to Ipswich, i averaged about 60 miles per gallon, althought i didnt use the car computer to work this out...just my calculator! Never the less cost me £60 to do around 600 miles...cant complain! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Well i feel stupid because after owning my car for about 15 months have only today discovered I have the mpg calculator thingy. doh! :huh:

To be honest wish I hadnt though as it wasnt happy reading... 36.4 mpg average! Though most of my driving is in town/city and I know my driving style is not best as I tend to accelerate hard in low gear, but really to get anywhere in this car this is what you have to do... grrr! :lol:

Anyway, will now try and change my style of driving to match the crappy powerless engine :(

• 2 months later...

I've got the 1.3TDCi mk2, holding steady at 48.5mpg and that's split half and half between town and motorway driving every week. Great engine on it for a small car I think :)

In my Fiesta I find the computer extremely accurate! It's only (on average) out by -0.66% [The furthest its ever been out is -7% and that was showing 50.5mpg on computer when actual was 54.0)

• 2 weeks later...

me and my brother have both got mark2 kas and both are doing similar mpg between 43-45mpg,but we both do a lot of short runs so i think this is quite good the most ive got so far is 47mpg once after a long run