Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Temp Gauge

barnowl3

HI GUYS, I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A MONDEO 99 PLATE LX, IT IS A VERY GOOD RUNNER AND IN REASONABLY GOOD CONDITION, I HAVE A SMALL PROBLEM WITH MY TEMP GAUGE ALWAYS SHOWING IN THE RED EVEN WHEN STARTING FROM COLD, AND WHEN ENGINE IS OFF, MY RADIATOR FAN KICKS IN WHEN ENGINE IS HOT AND ALSO I AM GETTING HOT AIR THROUGH TO THE CAR, SO I ASSUME MY SENSORS ARE WORKING CORRECTLY.... PLEASE HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS. ALSO IF ANY ONE HAS A POWER STEEERING PUMP FOR MY CAR FOR SALE PLEASE EMAIL ME. THE ONE ON MY CAR HAS BEARING GOING.

steve_betts7@talktalk.net

HI GUYS, I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A MONDEO 99 PLATE LX, IT IS A VERY GOOD RUNNER AND IN REASONABLY GOOD CONDITION, I HAVE A SMALL PROBLEM WITH MY TEMP GAUGE ALWAYS SHOWING IN THE RED EVEN WHEN STARTING FROM COLD, AND WHEN ENGINE IS OFF, MY RADIATOR FAN KICKS IN WHEN ENGINE IS HOT AND ALSO I AM GETTING HOT AIR THROUGH TO THE CAR, SO I ASSUME MY SENSORS ARE WORKING CORRECTLY.... PLEASE HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS. ALSO IF ANY ONE HAS A POWER STEEERING PUMP FOR MY CAR FOR SALE PLEASE EMAIL ME. THE ONE ON MY CAR HAS BEARING GOING.

steve_betts7@talktalk.net

hello,

how many temp sensors does the car have? if theres 2 one will probably be for the gauge and the other for the ECU?

i think there are two sensors located on the thermostat housing,the top one for the ecu and the bottom one for the gauge.the bottom one is a right pig to change and its easier to change with the thermostat housing removed.

i think there are two sensors located on the thermostat housing,the top one for the ecu and the bottom one for the gauge.the bottom one is a right pig to change and its easier to change with the thermostat housing removed.

if the radiator is hot enough after the engine is turned off then the fan will work. if u are getting warm air in the car then i would say the car is warm but not necessarily over heating. i would change the temperature switch first which is on the thermostat housing to see if the temp guage starts behaving!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club