! Guide ! Mk7 Fiesta Bulb Change

Rogue_Shadow

Useful Guide  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Useful Guide

• Hell Yes!
    • Hell No!
    • Hell Hell Hell !

Usually the only bulbs that have offset tabs are double filament bulbs like brake lights so as to avoid the wrong elements being lit.

Usually the only bulbs that have offset tabs are double filament bulbs like brake lights so as to avoid the wrong elements being lit.

Cool beanos....now I know what I am doing Monday before work starts!

• 3 months later...

What sort of guide wouldn't help you put the headlight back in? Honestly people! Grab your headlight lets go ...

-------------------------------------------

Replacing the headlight back into the mounting:

Photo439.jpg?t=1273328596

Meanwhile at your car lol.

FIRST!

Plug the connector back in and ensure the lights are working! Do not do anything else untill you have otherwise you'll be scrolling all the way back to the top of this guide...bad times.

All working? Are you now blinded by the pure brilliance ... Odds are no, its still daylight ha ha

Anyway ...

So remember the little plastic tabs on the headlight

Photo464.jpg?t=1273329829

Those will play a key part in making this part SO So Simple.

Insert the bottom (narrow) part of your headlight into the mounting first. After all it was this part that made it hard removing it in the first place.

Photo465.jpg?t=1273329875

With the headlight in place at the bottom (ensure the plates for the bolt and rivet are UNDER the grill and not ontop)

tilt the headlight and work on getting those plastic tabs into under the bodywork

Photo466.jpg?t=1273329894

During this step, odds are you will head the plastic clip at the bottom of the headlight clip into place and the headlight will fit snug. If this hasn't happened, have a good place around. Don't worry, there is only One way for the headlight to sit correctly and multiple ways to get it there.

Photo467.jpg?t=1273329923

Insert the bottom part of the rivet

Photo468.jpg?t=1273329941

Followed by the top part

Replace the other two bolts and washer, reconnect the connector at the back of the headlight. Close the bonnet and marvel the fact your indicator isn't orange

Photo469.jpg?t=1273329966

Now... we wait for the darkness to fall

Result to follow

Hope this has helped or given confidence to those wanting to give it a go.

Rogue Shadow

• 1 month later...

Are there any images from you referring to what these bulbs you bought look like?

Interested in buying them for my new motor but want to see the results.

Philips Blue Vision Ultra H7 (Twin Pack)

Philips Blue Vision Ultra W5W 501 (Twin Pack)

PHILIPS SILVERVISION PY21W OFFSET PIN INDICATOR BULB

• 4 months later...

Just did my indicator bulbs on the MK7 ST, no need to even remove the light. It has DRL's, so no Side lights.

Without this guide I'd never have managed to get my fog light replaced! Many thanks.

Hi I'm a total newbie

I want to replace my footwell lights with the ones posted in this thred from eBay

Having trouble getting the original bulbs out

Can I get a lil help

Hi I'm a total newbie

I want to replace my footwell lights with the ones posted in this thred from ebay

Having trouble getting the original bulbs out

Can I get a lil help

You literally just pull.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys. Need help here before i ruin this..

Seems like the headlight assembly of the 2013 fiesta is different along with its bulb mounts.

I have posted pictures of the headlight itself, the high/DRL and sidelight assembly..

I am planning to change both the high/DRL and sidelight bulbs but i dont want to force it.

Anyone have experience removing these?

THanks.

post-48120-0-85868500-1384020473_thumb.j

post-48120-0-96809600-1384020495_thumb.j

post-48120-0-54115900-1384020521_thumb.j

post-48120-0-95182000-1384020753_thumb.j

Sidelights just pull out, only changed that and indicators on MK7.5 so can't comment on other bulbs.

Thanks. Done.

Note: Dont use your fingers(there are sharp edges in there - ended up cutting myself trying pull them out)

USE pliers to pull them out!

This was a great help with replacing the two dipped beam lamps on my Fiesta - The job was very straightforward, even the clips all came apart without problem.

Excellent guide

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have a fiesta mk7 zetec s. I'm looking to change my main beam, dipped and fog lights. Can someone give me a link to some? I'm just looking for a more bright white light, preferably with a hint of blue if possible? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just fitted some CREE LED Bulbs in my fog lights and thought I'd let
people know a very easy way to change fog light bulbs on a mk7.5...Turn
your front wheels full lock to one side and unscrew two screws on the
lining of the arch just behind where the fog light is, the arch lining
then moves away really easily and you can get to the rear of the fog
light and also see what you are doing. The bulb holder/plug then just
twists 90 degrees and comes out allowing you to change the bulbs.

Much
easier than taking the headlight off and doing it through the bonnet,
as the passenger side fog light is blocked by the windscreen wash
reservoir.

Ethan yes they are 2 pronged and stiff to get out. I have just changed mine and I had to get a screwdriver between the plates to prise it out!

As for the headlight units I couldn't have done it without this guide although I was about to give up when the first one just wouldn't budge until I found that after releasing the 2 clear tabs if you twist the bottom of the light that runs along the bumper out towards you and pull up at the same time it frees quite easily and the other one then came out without all the swearing.

Someone mentioned that you can changed the dipped without removing the headlights by taking off the dustcap and I thought that when I looked but I still wanted to have a go. At the end of the day the design is a disgrace and these bulbs should just slide in from above cartridge style. And to think some countries require this to be a roadside job with spare bulbs carried in the car!

Also when I put my lights back in they all screwed in OK but I noticed a large gap between the light and the bumper so obviously they were not sat right in the white clip so I undid the screws again and did lots of pushing and shoving and they went OK. So make sure you check the alignment of the unit along the bumper by crouching down although a small gap towards the front is normal due to the weight of the bumper pulling it down.

• 4 months later...

thanks for the guide it really helped me yesterday.

Thanks for this guide, the front indicators on the mk7 are a right pain in the... Well they were on mine anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Changed mine today H7

Followed the guide ,many thanks

Very easy to my surprise only took 20 mins to do both sides

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the guide it was very helpful! Has anyone noticed when they replace the headlight it seems to not sit back very snug? Or is it just me?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 3 weeks later...

Had a look at this earlier, how do you get the plastic rivet off holding the headlight to the grille? Mk7.5 Zetec S?

The centre of the plastic rivet lifts up about quarter of a inch and then you can pull the complete plastic plug out it is very easy