! Guide ! Mk7 Fiesta Bulb Change

Rogue_Shadow

Useful Guide  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Useful Guide

• Hell Yes!
    • Hell No!
    • Hell Hell Hell !

I removed my headlights to change a bulb and now when I wash my car there is a water under the hood. So can you tell me is this normal or my headlights are not inserted properly?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Can someone please explain how to remove the h1 bulb. I've managed to do the h7s with relative ease but the h1s seem to be a bit more fiddly. They're seem to be 2 clips that squeeze together. I've tried these but it still won't come out. Am I just not being forceful enough, or am I missing something? Many thanks.

Hi,

Replaced today both H7's that car came with into Halfords Super Brilliance. They have very positive feedback and almost 5 stars on Halfords website reviews. They also come b1g1free.

Replacement took around 25 mns. Struggled a bit with meta clip pushing the bulb itself, a not easy to twist. Taking headlights off the white clip is easier than people say. My tip : Once all screws out and unplugged, lift top of the lamp, slide in few fingers underneath, slide down along bodywork until stop, wiggle the lamp, slide fingers down a bit more, wiggle lamp, slide fingers down ... until you reach like half of the lenght of the lamp. Then pull whole headlight having already good grip - up, towards the engine bay, firmly. You will hear fairly loud click/crack. Dont worry, its that scary white clip just released the headlight

Thanks for the OP for this guide.

Kris

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide. I tried to unscrew the indicator unsuccessfully for about half an hour, trying every possible way to fit my hand inside the unit without any joy. If you fit the "claw" of a small claw hammer over the end of the plastic stalk (as close to the middle as possible) and gently turn it anti-clockwise it should snap free. A bit unconventional and potentially risky but it worked for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks for this clear guide. Especially the bit about getting the headlamp buIb out. It just needed a firm tug. I changed my own bulb - whoo hoo - husband redundant!

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the useful guide, it is my first time changing a car bulb. :)

However I ran into trouble trying to replace the sidebulbs (W5W), perhaps the headlamp has made some changes on the connectors. I am not able to pull it out, twisting left or right without much luck. It is pretty stiff, not too sure what could be done to have it pull out. I am afraid I might break something :lol:

I did a snapshot of it, any feedback or help is appreciated. Thank yous guys.

W5_W.png

Need advice on what dipped main beam and side lights to get, want ones with a decent hint of blue but at the same time road legal, don't want to spend to much money though! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 2 months later...

Really good guide. Dare I say it, oh well, here goes, better than Haynes.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the guide - just replaced both dipped beam lamps, took my time and it took me about an hour (with manly help to remove a stubborn bulb from the holder :)). I've printed off the guide and put it with car documentation for future use!

Thanks mate! Just replaced all the front bulbs including fog lights to super white and silver indicator bulbs. Got a set from eBay which included 2xH7 2xH1 2xH11 and 2x501 for £8.92 delivered. I think the silver indicator bulbs was £3.95 again from eBay.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Hi Rogue_Shadow, we have just acquired our new Fiesta from our local ford dealer and one side light was out. Many thanks for your contribution and great guide dude 👍😎

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Just a quick question I'm sure has been answered before. But the h1/hı xenon super white are road legal aren't they? 

It says so in product description but wanted to check before purchasing.

This guide is fantastic by the way 

On 01/02/2011 at 11:46 AM, rickycowslip said:

you say this is required for ALL bulbs, yet I've just managed to change both H7 dipped bulbs without the need to remove the whole unit - merely prized off the rubber covers and twisted out the holders. Yes its fiddly, and removing the fuse cover makes it slightly easier, but once you've done it once its an under-a-minute job... I will be using your handy guide to change the side lights though, fancy blue ones came free with the headlamps...

Couldn't agree more on this. Thanks for the fuse cover removal tip.

I can confirm you can change the H7 dipped bulb without the need to remove the entire light if you get your hand at the right angle.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this guide. 

It's amazing and very useful. Just changed my bulbs for the first time and this guide made it so easy. 

The main bulb was difficult to get the clips back on on the first attempt but second go was a piece of cake 

Cheers again 

• 2 years later...

Any chance of updating the photos as photobucket is plastering a embossed image over it and its fuzzy. Still great detail though

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone I just got a Fiesta ST and I'm having trouble with the left indicator. The indicator works(very dim) but it's not as bright as the right side indicator. I also noticed when I have all my lights on my right side mirror indicator doesn't light up but what is strange is that when I put my right side blinker on it works. It just doesn't illuminate when turning the lights on at night.  If anyone has this problem please let me know