Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Car Insurance

fiesta_lad

Hi all my car insurance is comeing up soon for renewal been looking around various sites but what ive noiced is they all want big deposits iam aware of this like and have paid deposits in the past but with funds being tight now iam looking for car insurance with no deposit or a small deposit not like the ones ive been getting quoted like £190 deposit anyone know a insurnace company that are willing to give me a small deposit or no deposit. cheers o by the way my car is a fiesta 1.3i endure e engine on a 51 plate 2001.

Hi

I really doubt you will get a deposit smaller than £190, I might be wrong. Im guessing your paying monthly as you said about deposits, so either your going to have to pay a deposit or pay the first month up front. Depending on your insurance prices this could be around the same.

I'd try to borrow some money from a friend or family etc, and just pay that small deposit as this normally covers the first 2 months cover.

Thanks

Kris

Hi

I really doubt you will get a deposit smaller than £190, I might be wrong. Im guessing your paying monthly as you said about deposits, so either your going to have to pay a deposit or pay the first month up front. Depending on your insurance prices this could be around the same.

I'd try to borrow some money from a friend or family etc, and just pay that small deposit as this normally covers the first 2 months cover.

Thanks

Kris

Hello kris ive just found one with axa car insurance with a £98 deposit so it is getting lower :) and yes mate i do pay monthly thats when these insurance make money out of you buy throwing extra on top.

Hey

Try going to a company you either like or have been with previously.

Tell them about this quote you have got and ask them to match it, or you going to march over to AXA :rolleyes:

They might match it to keep your valuable business ;)

Thanks

Kris

Hey

Try going to a company you either like or have been with previously.

Tell them about this quote you have got and ask them to match it, or you going to march over to AXA :rolleyes:

They might match it to keep your valuable business ;)

Thanks

Kris

Might try that with churchill that who iam with now. i must of mit when i first starting driveing 3 years ago my first car was a 1992 clio and i was paying £150 a month :lol: then 2nd year had me fiesta the car i have now was paying £100 a month then went down to £67 and now i got a quote for this year with axa £50 a month so not bad like.

Anyone got any tips on how to get cheap car insurance cheers. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yep.....

1. dont crash

2. dont get points or a ban

3. grow old quickly

4. fit a good alarm

5. park your car in a garage

hope that helps ... :rolleyes::)

Yep.....

1. dont crash

2. dont get points or a ban

3. grow old quickly

4. fit a good alarm

5. park your car in a garage

hope that helps ... :rolleyes::)

Got a good alarm, won't get points or get a ban don't drive mad to get them, don't have a garage park on public road outside my house (well try to) only 25 soon to be 26 plenty more years on the clock :lol: i also have a steering lock and iam waiting for a handbreak and gear lock.

Play the insurance companies off against each other, I managed to get my yearly premium down from £1900, to £700 (yes I know, pricey - but I'm young) by taking the pass plus course for new drivers after I passed my test, and playing the insurance companies off against each other by asking to beat each others quotes; the cheapest 2 I found eventually were More Than and co-operative (even though they wouldn't take my pass plus into account!)

Good luck with your endeavors!

Play the insurance companies off against each other, I managed to get my yearly premium down from £1900, to £700 (yes I know, pricey - but I'm young) by taking the pass plus course for new drivers after I passed my test, and playing the insurance companies off against each other by asking to beat each others quotes; the cheapest 2 I found eventually were More Than and co-operative (even though they wouldn't take my pass plus into account!)

Good luck with your endeavors!

Funny anough iam with churcill now and all the time i was with them i was paying £66.99 a month got my renewal in the other day and they now want £215 a month how do u work that one out :lol: if it is that much yeh know were churcill can shove that.

Funny anough iam with churcill now and all the time i was with them i was paying £66.99 a month got my renewal in the other day and they now want £215 a month how do u work that one out :lol: if it is that much yeh know were churcill can shove that.

I had Lexham do that back when I used to ride a 50cc Slowped (being 16 i couldn't get my hands on a car, alright! :unsure: ), they put my premium up for no reason - so i changed to Chaucer. Its really irritating and stupid at times how they work it out but perhaps its just been a bad year for 1.3 MKV Fiestas with drivers in their 20's :S Who knows.

I had Lexham do that back when I used to ride a 50cc Slowped (being 16 i couldn't get my hands on a car, alright! :unsure: ), they put my premium up for no reason - so i changed to Chaucer. Its really irritating and stupid at times how they work it out but perhaps its just been a bad year for 1.3 MKV Fiestas with drivers in their 20's :S Who knows.

Churcill are useless ive got a claim with them (not my fault) and not once have i heared from regarding updates.

tips for lower insurance.

1. do less mileage ;) ;)

2. you could be a named driver on a parents policy. parent would actualy have to drive that car for it to be legal ;) im currently paying £27 a month and im 25 year old on my boss's dads policy. yeah he does drive the car as well ;) ;)

3. location of were car is kept based on postcode (yeah they have risk postcodes)

4. one insurance company i got quotes off really did base some of the cost on my job title. in my place of work i am I.T support, web designer, estate agent. so i had a few to choose from :D