Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Pauley

Focus Steering Centre Rattle

3 posts in this topic

Hey all. Great website. Have a problem that is very frustrating. Have a 05 Focus 1.6 petrol zetec. The centre piece in the steering wheel which contains airbag and horn makes a rattling noise when driving but stops if i put my hand lightly on the centre. Any answers? Can i remove the centre piece to have a look? Any answers would be much appreciated.

Hey all. Great website. Have a problem that is very frustrating. Have a 05 Focus 1.6 petrol zetec. The centre piece in the steering wheel which contains airbag and horn makes a rattling noise when driving but stops if i put my hand lightly on the centre. Any answers? Can i remove the centre piece to have a look? Any answers would be much appreciated.

its held on with 2 screw that go through from the back of the steering wheel, IIRC 5.5mm hex heads. its then a case of pulling the airbag off. but if you do intend doing this please disconnect the battery and allow the car to sit for 15-20 mins to discharge the system completely as the last thing you want is an airbag going off.

its held on with 2 screw that go through from the back of the steering wheel, IIRC 5.5mm hex heads. its then a case of pulling the airbag off. but if you do intend doing this please disconnect the battery and allow the car to sit for 15-20 mins to discharge the system completely as the last thing you want is an airbag going off.

Thanks a million. Must give that a go now!!!