Do Not Sell My Personal Information

59 Plate Door Panel Removal ?

Wizz

Can anyone tell me how to remove the front door panel from my 59 plate Zetec S, to investigate a rattle ?

There doesn't appear to be any hidden screws in this version....so I am at a loss to know where to start.

I guess this is going to be a case of the dreaded hidden popper fixings !

I obviously don't wish to inflict any damage on my new car, so if there is a "how to" or video anywhere

I would greatly appreciate the info.......

Get your dealer to fix it, its only a 59 reg! They should do it as a goodwill gesture for you.

dont do what i done and pull it straight off when you think you got all the screws. i broke a piece of plastic behind the internal door handle (not the handle used for opening the door) the big grab handle to pull it shut.

theres a screw under the top part of that handle and i still havnt figured out how to get to that screw partly because i fixed the problem with my window and just put it all back together, minus the broken screw fixing for the handle :(

not sure if its the same with you're model of focus though.

oh yeah if its also the same as mine you will need to push the panel upward and out of the rubber seals on the window. i thought there was yet more screws but no its just tight

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I dont Know if youve managed to get the trim off but if not........

there is a trim that runs under the door pull handle prize that trim of (carefully as you might damage the upper part of the trim) once the trim is removed it will remove 2 torx head screws you will also have to remove the bezal around the door opening pull, once off starting at a bottom corner and pull the trim (this will be !Removed! tight) the door trim clips will probably stay on the door if the do you will need to remove them and place them back on door trim to get these trims clips off the door i recommend a door trim clip remover as you need to pize them off with equal pressure on both sides of trim clip. once the door trim is off it will nor reviel anything as there is a metel cover riveted to the door. i didn't go any further as i found my rattle there was a wiring harness tapping on the metal plate.

i hope this helps

Thanks for all the help Guys......

Seems a bit scary so I have taken Jcoventry 's advice and booked it in with the Dealer a little later this week........ especially as there is another engine related problem to sort out now.

Good call, I think. Nothing worse than maybe fixing a rattle only to end up with a badly fitting or damaged trim once you've put it back. :-S