Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mondeoman

What Oil For 2.2 Tdci

8 posts in this topic

Forgive me as this HAS been answered before , but can i chuffery find it.What oil should i be using in my 2006 2.2 tdci....Ive heard that fully synthetics are not the first choice..And is it better to stick with genuine Ford oil filters or are after market ones ok ?....Sorry again for this question.....Bill

the oil your after is 5w-30 semi synthetic, price difference on the filter is minimum so i would use ford.

Thanks for the swift reply people.. :D .....Bill One final question . Is it ok to use that grade in fully syntetic guise ? The reason i ask is a mate of mine in the motor trade can get Fully Syntetic very cheaply.. :rolleyes:

should be ok as long as it comes up to ford specs as some fully synthetic does not.

Forgive me as this HAS been answered before , but can i chuffery find it.What oil should i be using in my 2006 2.2 tdci....Ive heard that fully synthetics are not the first choice..And is it better to stick with genuine Ford oil filters or are after market ones ok ?....Sorry again for this question.....Bill

I ran shell helix fully synthetic high performance diesel oil (believe it was 10w 40) from october last year until having a service at the dealers in march without any problems (I have a 2.0 tdci 130), always use a genuine filter though as the difference in cost is negligable and oe filters are supposed to perform better than generic ones

Brilliant, thanks for all your replies......Bill