Do Not Sell My Personal Information

32psi fuel pressure?

Randaroo

32psi fuel pressure?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just checked the fuel pressure, at idle it is 32 lbs and pushing the throttle gives about 34-35 and then settles back to 32 while running.

I don't know what the procedure is for testing, should i try anything else.

2001 zetec wagon 5 speed.

Is this sufficiant pressure or will this explain a stall out problem i had at the top of a long hill (4000') where the car had to stop, rest a bit and then get a short distance where it began to sputter all over again.

Luckily, I guess, i had a new fuel filter and jacked it up and changed on the side of the road. That seemed to cure it. I've not been back to replay the conditions but when i split the filter it was all clean and when i removed the pump the pick up screen and fuel tank were all clean.

What else should i be testing? should i be testing while under load? Does this sound like a regulater set too low or failing?

Oh ya I changed out all the old gas for new.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club