Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1St Central Insurance

lmclaney

My insurance expires soon on my Fiesta and so far the cheapest quote has been from 1st Central Insurance, however I have never heard of them. Has anybody used them and are they any good? I'm not sure if I should pay a bit more and go with a bigger name like Admiral.

My insurance is around £850 for a zs 1.6 petrol with sp30 and two fault and that is with elephant.

My insurance expires soon on my Fiesta and so far the cheapest quote has been from 1st Central Insurance, however I have never heard of them. Has anybody used them and are they any good? I'm not sure if I should pay a bit more and go with a bigger name like Admiral.

They are a firm from Gibraltar ,who are owned by a firm with a po box number in Guernsey,with an office on an industrial estate near London,if I was you I would look for a more established name ,with a true uk base,

Its a risk you take using low cost insurance,just remember low cost doesnt always equal good value!

Dave

First Central Insurance Services Ltd acts as the intermediary for this business and is authorised and regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission (firm reference number: FSC01001B) and, for the conduct of UK non-investment insurance business, regulated by the Financial Services Authority (firm reference number: 489346). First Central Insurance Services Ltd is registered in Gibraltar. Registration number: 99942. Registered Office: 260/262 Main Street, PO Box 1338, Gibraltar. First Central Insurance Services Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of First Central Group Ltd which is registered in Guernsey. Registration number: 48743. Registered Office: Maison Trinity, Trinity Square, Guernsey, GY1 4AT

Thanks Dave that's good to know. 1st Central are quoting £707 and Admiral £840, so it's quite a difference. So if anybody has used them and had a good experience it may persuade me to go with them. I have read a few review sites, but all the insurance companies get bad reviews so it's difficult to judge them from that.

every insurance company will have a good and bad review as bad reviews mainly come from customers who do not read the terms and conditions and just want a general moan, many cheaper insurance companies dont use uk based call centres, and if you cancel your policy sometimes they dont even give a refund. for example my boyfriend insured his fiat stilo with express insurance, took him half an hour to get through to try and change to his new vauxhall astra and they said they cant insure it as the car is over 5 grand so he cancelled his insurance 6 months in and out out a £900 pol he only got £12.82 back, so some can be an absolute joke!

try egg mate i pay £800 and im only 20! 3 years no claims clean license n all that ;)

No problems here Amie - it's links to other Ford/car related forums posted simply as advertising rather than useful links to useful topics that we don't like.