Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mr rugby

Paint,body Finish

3 posts in this topic

Hi Gang,

I don't know how you feel, but the paint quality on my c max is pretty poor.

It must be barely one coat of laquer thick, stone chips dent the metal has it is so thin and scuff marks show through like a highliter pen.

When i was looking for this car, originally i had been driving a picasso and the salesman said the build quality of the cmax was way infront of the picasso........yeah allright.

I have more paint scuffs and pebbledash marks on my car than any car i have had....the finish just aint durable enough.

What's you views,

Regards

me rugby

Hi Gang,

I don't know how you feel, but the paint quality on my c max is pretty poor.

It must be barely one coat of laquer thick, stone chips dent the metal has it is so thin and scuff marks show through like a highliter pen.

When i was looking for this car, originally i had been driving a picasso and the salesman said the build quality of the cmax was way infront of the picasso........yeah allright.

I have more paint scuffs and pebbledash marks on my car than any car i have had....the finish just aint durable enough.

What's you views,

Regards

me rugby

the mrs dad has a cmax and i cant say its that bad ford paint has never been brilliant but its not as bad as youre saing may be worth taking itinto ford and see if the paint is too thin

Yeah Mine is the same, my bonnet is stonechipped and mine is a 08 plate car covered 29400 miles, and I've only covered 6000 miles in since September, previous to me buying it, it had 3 previous owners one of them being a pool car we think as it seems a huge mileage to cover in a year and a half when we bought it in September.

By the way ours is a C-Max 1.6TDCI Zetec.

I find the paint very thin and we got hit by a stone on the roof on the way back from our holiday and it chipped the paint right down to the metal.