Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GrahamH

Cruise Control Button Not Working

4 posts in this topic

Travelling down the motorway went to turn on the cruise and the On button does not work. Strange thing is that when I press + and - button together(right hand side steering wheel) it comes on then I press 'set/+' and it works just as normal. Off button works fine as does brake and clutch switch. Is it just the On button? Where can I find a wiring diagram to check this button without having to remove it first?

As an aside, tavelling at a steady 80-85 on cruise for approx 80 miles trip computer shows average fuel consumtion as 53Mpg, now that I like:-)

when you say it wont switch on do you meen you do not get the symble on the dash? as this does not come on untill you press + or -, see attached

post-1458-127399997842_thumb.jpg

when you say it wont switch on do you meen you do not get the symble on the dash? as this does not come on untill you press + or -, see attached

ah, may have done a Dilbert. Will try it again tomorrow. I always thought the symbol came on with the 'On' button.

Thanks

tried it again today and is exactly as you said. Light comes on when selecting 'set' and not when selecting 'on'

many thanks for your assistance.