• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tonymp3

tonymp3

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:27 PM

hello, i use to own a focus 1.8 mp3 2003 and i had problems with the gearbox, my local ford garage said it was the input shaft bearing, and im looking to get another focus but its the 2.0 zetec, do they use the same gearbox as the 1.8 also is there usually a problem with these gearboxes or not

thanks

tony

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,072 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:34 PM

hello, i use to own a focus 1.8 mp3 2003 and i had problems with the gearbox, my local ford garage said it was the input shaft bearing, and im looking to get another focus but its the 2.0 zetec, do they use the same gearbox as the 1.8 also is there usually a problem with these gearboxes or not

thanks

tony

any car can have a problem with the input shaft bearing as its a bearing it will on all cars eventually need replaced some cars go for 10-15 years and not need it done some need it done after 6-10 years theres no way to know or predict it personally i wouldnt buy the 2.0 litre other than the fact you get hammered for tax the mpg isnt greeat and theres not much in the way of extyra performance over the 1.8

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users