Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Colour Matching Help

Copperpotuk

Recently my focus decided to park itself under the rear suspension band of a 4X4, luckily the owner of the 4X4 was a decent guy and as he had no damage was happy to leave my repair up to me.

I have a 2001 (51 plate) 1.6 Focus, the colour code on the vin is K2 of which on a search gives me “smoke stone metallic” the car is a standard metallic dark blue that so many other focus’s are, I’m trying to replace the bonnet with a colour matched bonnet, the cheapest place being Evil bay, there are loads on there described as state blue?

Question is does K2 smoke stone metallic get described as any other colour??

Thanks in anticipation guys.

Silly question, did you specify that you wanted that code for the up to 53 reg? I went to Halfords, they gave me the correct paint name to go with the code. So theydont tend to have different codes.

Have you cross referenced the results from more than one site?

I am curious to see that you said you are trying to match the bonnet, is it worth doing a respray on it?

I have taken a couple of pictures V5 says Grey, it took me a while to find what the code meant, yet I am open to being corrected.

As you can see from the dent on the bonnet it’s a replacement job, I’ve already hammered it out the best I can.

I am trying to confirm if the code also means any other colour as there are a fre bonnets on evil bay descibed as "state blue" that look very similar.

p5160456.th.jpg

p5160459.th.jpg

that site is giving me Magnum Grey (Metallic) on my reg????

look auto paints in the yellow pages find one near you and take the car into them for one they will get the correct code and 2 as the paint on the car has aged any paint you get wont be the exact same colour they will make up the paint into aerosols that matches the car as near as possible its far easier than buying paint from eBay that may not even match correctly

that site is giving me Magnum Grey (Metallic) on my reg????

I would trust etis, as they are ford after all, and they will be more accurate.