AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nat3wills

Focus Tyres

3 posts in this topic

I have a focus is it 3 years old in June. I had a blow out last August as the tyres had worn down the inner rim of the tyre and not on the outside. I went to a garage last week 9 months on and the same thing has happened again. Not a blow out this time but the inner rim of the tyre has worn down again on both front tyres. I do an average of about 12,000 miles a year on mostly motorway. I went today and Ford say there is nothing wrong with the steering/ balance or the tracking. Has anyone else had this and have you got any suggestion as to what I can do further to solve the problem.

I have a focus is it 3 years old in June. I had a blow out last August as the tyres had worn down the inner rim of the tyre and not on the outside. I went to a garage last week 9 months on and the same thing has happened again. Not a blow out this time but the inner rim of the tyre has worn down again on both front tyres. I do an average of about 12,000 miles a year on mostly motorway. I went today and Ford say there is nothing wrong with the steering/ balance or the tracking. Has anyone else had this and have you got any suggestion as to what I can do further to solve the problem.

Speed bumps it can happen if you drive over speed bumps keeping the bump in the middle the inside edge of the tyre can rub on them

i would get the tracking checked again by an independent., if you can, get it four wheel aligned.