• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nat3wills

nat3wills

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:57 PM

I have a focus is it 3 years old in June. I had a blow out last August as the tyres had worn down the inner rim of the tyre and not on the outside. I went to a garage last week 9 months on and the same thing has happened again. Not a blow out this time but the inner rim of the tyre has worn down again on both front tyres. I do an average of about 12,000 miles a year on mostly motorway. I went today and Ford say there is nothing wrong with the steering/ balance or the tracking. Has anyone else had this and have you got any suggestion as to what I can do further to solve the problem.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dfoord

dfoord

Dave Foord

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 Titanium Automatic Petrol
  • Year: 2008

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:04 PM

I have a focus is it 3 years old in June. I had a blow out last August as the tyres had worn down the inner rim of the tyre and not on the outside. I went to a garage last week 9 months on and the same thing has happened again. Not a blow out this time but the inner rim of the tyre has worn down again on both front tyres. I do an average of about 12,000 miles a year on mostly motorway. I went today and Ford say there is nothing wrong with the steering/ balance or the tracking. Has anyone else had this and have you got any suggestion as to what I can do further to solve the problem.

Speed bumps it can happen if you drive over speed bumps keeping the bump in the middle the inside edge of the tyre can rub on them

#3 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:26 PM

i would get the tracking checked again by an independent., if you can, get it four wheel aligned.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users