Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weak Turbo

Bagheera

After a regular maintenance service for 45.000kms, held by the official dealer's garage, my Focus doesn't feel the way I am accustomed to. All the filters, oil and the turbo pipe were nenewed, they say, but somehow the turbo doesn't just pull the car in a punchy manner. The car had just been better before service! What could have possibly gone wrong with it and how am I gonna restore the original power and torquey feel?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

So I guess every TDCI works fine there :) Well, lads, I visited another official dealer today, they installed a software to fix the problem which I noticed no big difference soon afterwards, and the mechanic told me the CKP sensor may need to be replaced. There's also another sensor as CMP. Any tech-savvies here, would they please tell me what they stand for and if these sensors are related with the loss of power? Any ideas appreciated.

CKP is the CrankShaft Position Sensor, the CMP is the Cam Shaft Position Sensor, it could well be that they are detecting a higher pressure, possibly due to higher resistance, this would then tell the cars computer that it wont need any more power putting through. Other than that, it could just be reading it wrongly, and maybe the computer knows its reading it wrongly, and so is limiting its own performance for safety. Other than that, I would check using the dashboard trick (on the first page) to check that the sensors are or are not being detected with errors.

CKP is the CrankShaft Position Sensor, the CMP is the Cam Shaft Position Sensor, it could well be that they are detecting a higher pressure, possibly due to higher resistance, this would then tell the cars computer that it wont need any more power putting through. Other than that, it could just be reading it wrongly, and maybe the computer knows its reading it wrongly, and so is limiting its own performance for safety. Other than that, I would check using the dashboard trick (on the first page) to check that the sensors are or are not being detected with errors.

Thank you. I had checked using the trick, however, no fault codes were shown. I feel as if I drive an essence 1.6. Will see the dealer once again next weekend and have the sensor(s) renewed.

Im quite interested in this one, so please let is know what happens when you do get it checked!

Im quite interested in this one, so please let is know what happens when you do get it checked!

Last weekend I paid another visit to the same dealer I had been before. They replaced the air filter inlet valve - some part close to the turbo pipe under warranty. If it wasn't for the warranty, however, it would cost a hefty 380 TL, equivalent of 170 GBP approx. Now the car seems better.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club