Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg For 1.8 Petrol

starfield

hello focus owners

I just want to do an survey for the 1.8L petrol on focus mark 2. It will be best that everybody provides their average speed from the trip computer of their vehicle in order to have a better understanding of the type of driving the said vehicle is subjected to.

I live in south london and I work nearer to the city and i drive there.

I am getting an average speed of 12mph with an mpg of 28mpg.

What is the reading on everybody else's trip computer.

hello focus owners

I just want to do an survey for the 1.8L petrol on focus mark 2. It will be best that everybody provides their average speed from the trip computer of their vehicle in order to have a better understanding of the type of driving the said vehicle is subjected to.

I live in south london and I work nearer to the city and i drive there.

I am getting an average speed of 12mph with an mpg of 28mpg.

What is the reading on everybody else's trip computer.

i wouldnt base anything on the trip computer as they arent that accurate to be honest 27mpg is around the lowest youde expect

Most of my trips are on the motorway, about 50 miles per working day and some pottering about on my days off and I'm getting about 33 mpg.

Mike

I do 8.5 miles each way on mainly 50MPH restricted dual carridgeway only about 2 miles of traffic I get 40 normal driving but have gotten up to 48 by smooth driving.

but is a mpg of 28 good/bad if you drive urban on this particular model?

but is a mpg of 28 good/bad if you drive urban on this particular model?

its about right urban is around 27/30 mpg im a mk1 and i get urban around 36mpg good day 29 on a bad day but thats more down to the way i drive more than anything the mpg from mk1 to mk2 is pretty much the same

the calculation is done by the trip computer. Am i right in saying that if you reset it and do lots of urban, you will get a poor mpg whereas if you rest it and do lots of motorway you will end up eith a very high value for the mpg. I have not reset mine over the last month and i do mainly urban (south london)

The trip computer on mine usually states at least 3 mpg too good.

I average 45 mpg (albeit i've a 1.6TDCi) but the trip computer usually states around 48-50 mpg.

Calculate it yourself.

Fill the tank to the brim, and reset the mpg computer and trip.

Drive until its practically empty them fill to the brim again. See how many litres this last fill took, and you can work out your mpg from this and the current mileage on your trip computer.

compare your mpg with the computer mpg.

do this a few times, and you will start to get a feel of what your actual mpg is using the trip computer's version

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club