#1 fezfinatic

fezfinatic

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Scott
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk6 Zetec
  • Year: 2003

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

I have a Fiesta that I am going on the track with in 3 months the only problem is that I have a limited budget I have already got a K&N air filter on it already but I need to do more so has anyone got any suggestions on what I should buy for it???

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 BHort

BHort

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Ford Model: '05 Ford KA

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:06 PM

I have a Fiesta that I am going on the track with in 3 months the only problem is that I have a limited budget I have already got a K&N air filter on it already but I need to do more so has anyone got any suggestions on what I should buy for it???

Low profiles perhaps & some new springs - maybe a de-cat if its a track car or a sport high flow cat if you intend to use it on the road too (you probably wont pass an mot without a cat)- Some struts + a roll cage for sure (you can get them quite cheap). After that, the list goes on, and on of little things that will improve your performance - an ECU remap might be a good idea too.

#3 fezfinatic

fezfinatic

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:47 PM

well it's still got to be a daily run around so I don't want it to be massively wearing to drive but I was thinking of suspension next to get some stiffness in the chassis and then possibly a cat back

#4 BHort

BHort

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Ford Model: '05 Ford KA

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:09 PM

well it's still got to be a daily run around so I don't want it to be massively wearing to drive but I was thinking of suspension next to get some stiffness in the chassis and then possibly a cat back

Sounds like a plan to me. Your never going to have a rocket in a strait line, but getting it stiffened up a bit will definitely help you claw back the time in the corners, after all, ford's have always had great handling! (bar the old mkIII 'tina) :P
P.S. some new stiffer anti roll bars work magic.

#5 fezfinatic

fezfinatic

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:13 PM

yeah I love Fords for their handling because I can keep up with most cars threw corners :D I just want to team a slight bit of power with it and get some track experience

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users