Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Long For New Car To Arrive At Dealers?

oobster

As topic title, how long does it (generally) take for a new Fiesta to arrive at the dealers?

According to the dealer the build date is Monday (24th May) - dealer is approx. half way between Edinburgh and Glasgow.

P.S. Hello! This is my first post on here - I currently own a 57-plate Focus 2.0TDCI Ghia and the Mrs has a White Fiesta 1.4Auto 5-door Titanium on order!

normally 2-6 weeks depending on specification , welcome to the forum :)

Hello and Welcome!! :D

As in my sig, ours took about 3 weeks from the build date to delivery. :)

Cheers guys. So is the build date likely to 'move' - i.e. dealer is saying it shows on their system (Vista?) as build date 24th, could it in reality be later than that or are the build dates pretty accurate?

Also, when will the car be allocated a VIN number (so I can check on ETIS)?

Lastly, would I be correct in assuming the car will come with USB as standard because it's a 2010 Titanium?

im still waiting for my new car. ordered 13th march, expected to be at dealer on 5th june

Mine (16.TDCi Titanium) was ordered on 8th March

Initial estimated delivery 16th April

Revised build date 12th May

(Planned) deliver to dealer 22nd May

(Planned) Available for me to pick up approx 28th May (nearly there now....)

USB is standard on Titanium new builds since end of March

As topic title, how long does it (generally) take for a new Fiesta to arrive at the dealers?

According to the dealer the build date is Monday (24th May) - dealer is approx. half way between Edinburgh and Glasgow.

P.S. Hello! This is my first post on here - I currently own a 57-plate Focus 2.0TDCI Ghia and the Mrs has a White Fiesta 1.4Auto 5-door Titanium on order!

Hi

I picked up my fiesta 1.6 VCT titanium with X pack and Dress kit yesterday (19/5/10), which was 4 weeks later than i was originally told. When i checked on ford ETIS with my VIN it says mine was actually built in Cologne on 27/4/10.

Mine (16.TDCi Titanium) was ordered on 8th March

Initial estimated delivery 16th April

Revised build date 12th May

(Planned) deliver to dealer 22nd May

(Planned) Available for me to pick up approx 28th May (nearly there now....)

USB is standard on Titanium new builds since end of March

slipped again...

revised deliver to dealer 28th May

(Planned) available for me to pick up approx 4th June

Thanks for the info guys, appreciate it.

I'll need to get onto the dealer tomorrow and see if it was built on Monday (24th May) or if it's been delayed.

Edit: Spoke to the dealer this evening, apparently they are still waiting on the chassis number so I can't check etis until I get this. Salesman hit me with some pish about they need someone to actually go & physically check the number stamped onto the chassis. Whilst I don't work in a car dealership I'm pretty confident they can check a !Removed! computer somewhere & it'll show the chassis number (if it's been built!)

Anyone work for Ford able to find out the chassis number for me? White 5-door Titanium Auto with F+R parking sensors, build date was/is this week?

Well we've got a VIN number - car was built on 26th May and gate released on 27th May. Seen the VISTA screen at the dealers this morning and it's current location is shown as New Flush (or New Flushing, can't remember) which apparently is in Belgium. ETA at the dealers is 19th June.

VIN number won't show up on ETIS though - apparently it can take a couple of weeks after build?

All together mine took about 6/7 Weeks but that was because I selected optional extra's that led to delays in production date. When it was actually in the country took about a week to get to the dealers and for them to prepare it ready to be collected.

Well we've got a VIN number - car was built on 26th May and gate released on 27th May. Seen the VISTA screen at the dealers this morning and it's current location is shown as New Flush (or New Flushing, can't remember) which apparently is in Belgium. ETA at the dealers is 19th June.

VIN number won't show up on ETIS though - apparently it can take a couple of weeks after build?

After being built in Cologne ,the fiestas are put on a barge and sail up the river rhine to the coastal ports.

The port your car is at is actually vlissingen.

It will them be shipped to southampton (or possibly Bristol)

Then it will be put on a train to Liverpool

Then on a transporter to scotland,

The Ford car carrier "Grande Italia " is currently in the english channel going from southampton to Flushing,so it may well be collecting your car.

Dave

It will them be shipped to southampton (or possibly Bristol)

I was at Southampton docks today and I saw a ship load of brand new Fiestas and various other Fords being unloaded. Wish I had my camera as there were hundreds of them. So maybe your car is one of them sat in Southampton right now!

I was at Southampton docks today and I saw a ship load of brand new Fiestas and various other Fords being unloaded. Wish I had my camera as there were hundreds of them. So maybe your car is one of them sat in Southampton right now!

A while back some one posted a photo of one of the ford car carriers approaching Avonmouth(Bristol channel).

I will try to locate it,unless any one else can

Dave

VIN number is now appearing on ETIS and all appears to be fine (it shows the parking sensors + the Bluetooth/USB). Just one question - it says "6.5 x 16 Style 5 Alloy Wheels".

Whats a "Style 5" alloy wheel?

slipped again...

revised deliver to dealer 28th May

(Planned) available for me to pick up approx 4th June

Picked up on 4th June from dealer.

ETIS says build date was 4th May

Collecting mine on Friday, but it arrived at the dealers yesterday. ETIS shows build date of 18th May :)

Car is now @ the dealers!!

4691070475_26576586df.jpg

Picking it up on Monday - needs to get valeted first, and they are putting a full set of mudflaps. Spec is perfect - it's got the USB/Bluetooth, it's got the parking sensors etc. Wahey!

Very nice! Pleased for you, the wait is almost over :)

• 8 years later...

Hi I ordered a new ford focus titanium x one week ago how long before car arrives b at dealership

You really expect us to know the answer to that?

Mine took 3 months - ask your dealer.

On 3/22/2019 at 10:46 PM, jimjim123 said:

Hi I ordered a new ford focus titanium x one week ago how long before car arrives b at dealership

Hi, not sure why you've posted on the Fiesta forum? Prior to my current Fiesta, I had never waited more than 6 weeks for a new car, but the Fiesta took 6 months, and lots of folks on here had a similar (or worse) experience. 

Delivery times seem to have gone haywire at the moment on various makes - there are people on the VW forums who have been waiting 12 months plus.

Really, as @Tiexen suggests, your dealer is the best place to get a delivery estimate and if it is critical to you, make sure you know your rights regarding price protection, cancellation, etc.