Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Washer Jets Leaking Fluid Down The Bonnet

bluewatch

I am realy fed up with the screen wash fluid continually running down the bonnet. The Ford mechanic at my local dealer has told me that there is nothing that can be done and it is because the bonnet slopes. I know this has been mentioned before on this forum, but cannot find the thread. Has anyone else had this problem, and have you had it fixed?

I think it is normal

I think some of the the wash fluid gets trapped under the washer when you use it & takes awhile to run out of the washer housing.

Noticed similar effects when washing the car and drying it.

I don't think its that big a deal. But that's Me :rolleyes:

I did have this on an 08 Focus , first I was told that the Halfords screen wash I had been using was too strong a mix , eventually they replaced jets on bonnet and that seemed to cure it.Well didn't leak quit so often. :rolleyes:

i only just been getting this since i put like 100% screen wash in when it kept freezing over in winter... think it may have something to do with the strength of what you put in

Simply down to bad design, most other brands now have the jets on the wipers or on the moulding below the windscreen, makes more sense and doesn’t leave a mess all down your bonnet. Me thinks it’s time Ford did the same.

The original Ka had them in the middle infront of the windscreen, which was great, as at high speed instead of going 4 ways, they'd go straight up the middle, but when I had a motorbike hit the middle, and cross the passenger side, direct line at their normanton place fitted new bonnet with them on there!

Simply down to bad design, most other brands now have the jets on the wipers or on the moulding below the windscreen, makes more sense and doesn’t leave a mess all down your bonnet. Me thinks it’s time Ford did the same.

they aint quite as good when they on the blade, my dads XKR has them there and sometimes it just shoots across the windscreen and off the car when going quick and we lined the jets up spot on

I agree ‘on the blade’ washers are probably better but I’m sure Ford would say ‘cost’ make it prohibitive. :huh:

But if Vauxhall who I think must be Fords main competitor in this market sector can ‘hide’ the washer jets on things like the humble Astra van (last 2 models at least) and even the current model Corsa then I think its time they up’ed their game and stopped ruining the look of the car with them stuck on the bonnet

Indecently VX’s Insignia has some really cool washer jets that spray a water ‘mist’ rather than a stream B)

The original Ka had them in the middle infront of the windscreen, which was great

It did, but they soon changed it on the later models, wonder why.