Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power/performance Ecu Chips.

Russsell

Hi all and many thanks for all your advice to date has been great .. Cost aside I am simply asking anyone who has broght a "Chip" if they were pleased they did or wished they had not.

Do they do more damage than good ? .

Advice very welcome and really appreciated Thankyou.

Russell.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all and many thanks for all your advice to date has been great .. Cost aside I am simply asking anyone who has broght a "Chip" if they were pleased they did or wished they had not.

Do they do more damage than good ? .

Advice very welcome and really appreciated Thankyou.

Russell.

Hi Russell

I too have posted a request for help in this field, It seems difficult to speak to someon who is knowledgable and unbiased, I know people that have them that wouldn't admit they have wasted there money and have spoken to people that slate both options of remapping or chipping with an in-line device, it's frustrating to think we may have to blow the money to find out the result even if it means the worst scenario of damaging the motor/ECU.

You posted in early May, have you found out any info anywhere else? I have the same engine as yourself

Regards

Bazza

Hi Russell

I too have posted a request for help in this field, It seems difficult to speak to someon who is knowledgable and unbiased, I know people that have them that wouldn't admit they have wasted there money and have spoken to people that slate both options of remapping or chipping with an in-line device, it's frustrating to think we may have to blow the money to find out the result even if it means the worst scenario of damaging the motor/ECU.

You posted in early May, have you found out any info anywhere else? I have the same engine as yourself

Regards

Bazza

Hi Bazza .... Good to hear from you mate in answer im no further ahead then when i first posted you hit the nail on the head that it would seem we have to blow money to discover the benefits or the downsides of performance options.

I will keep om doing my homework and of course let you know what develops mate.

In closing ive carried out a lot of work myself on the car and for your reference if you need anything or just advice then contact a Graham at allfordparts he is on this site and is a Top man.

Regards Russell.

When you say "chip" are you talking about a tuning box?

I've used a tuning box on a diesel before, not a Ford diesel but on a Vauxhall 1.9CDTi. Brought the car from 150hp to 185hp and torque from 220lb-ft to 335lb-ft. It worked very well, the box I got was from DTUK. http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/

I'd avoid the cheap eBay boxes, all they do is raise the fuel rail pressure. The more expensive boxes sense revs, engine load etc and can raise the fuel rail pressure only when required. They're also adjustable.

When you say "chip" are you talking about a tuning box?

I've used a tuning box on a diesel before, not a Ford diesel but on a Vauxhall 1.9CDTi. Brought the car from 150hp to 185hp and torque from 220lb-ft to 335lb-ft. It worked very well, the box I got was from DTUK. http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/

I'd avoid the cheap EBay boxes, all they do is raise the fuel rail pressure. The more expensive boxes sense revs, engine load etc and can raise the fuel rail pressure only when required. They're also adjustable.

Cheers ZS your input is well ok and welcome ..will check out the link youve given mate .. what dollars did you pay for the box 4 your vauxhall.

Russell.