Share Your Car Experience
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fontaine

idling

4 posts in this topic

hi my 99 focus idles ok in the daytime butb when i am driving at night and i have my lights on the car idles slightly rougher but is ok with just the side lights on

is tiis because there is more load on the engine with the lights fuly on

if you disconnected the battery for any reason it could have reset the computer's idling, just disconnect the battery put the parking brake on reconnect the battery and start the car, let it run for a minute, then turn on a/c lights radio and let it sit another minute, then drive for about 30 mins so the car can relearn its idle!!(make sure you know your radio code)if this does not cure the problem check your alternator voltage to make sure its ok

hi my 99 focus idles ok in the daytime butb when i am driving at night and i have my lights on the car idles slightly rougher but is ok with just the side lights on

is tiis because there is more load on the engine with the lights fuly on

I also got this annoying problem few months ago. During start up, my engine revs up for about 2500 rpm and let it stay for about 3 seconds then goes down to 1800 and stays up for about 1-2 seconds and then the idling comes at 900 rpm. Damn!