Do Not Sell My Personal Information

idling

fontaine

hi my 99 focus idles ok in the daytime butb when i am driving at night and i have my lights on the car idles slightly rougher but is ok with just the side lights on

is tiis because there is more load on the engine with the lights fuly on

if you disconnected the battery for any reason it could have reset the computer's idling, just disconnect the battery put the parking brake on reconnect the battery and start the car, let it run for a minute, then turn on a/c lights radio and let it sit another minute, then drive for about 30 mins so the car can relearn its idle!!(make sure you know your radio code)if this does not cure the problem check your alternator voltage to make sure its ok

• 2 weeks later...
hi my 99 focus idles ok in the daytime butb when i am driving at night and i have my lights on the car idles slightly rougher but is ok with just the side lights on

is tiis because there is more load on the engine with the lights fuly on

I also got this annoying problem few months ago. During start up, my engine revs up for about 2500 rpm and let it stay for about 3 seconds then goes down to 1800 and stays up for about 1-2 seconds and then the idling comes at 900 rpm. Damn!