Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2000 X Reg rear passenger footwell wet!

leech533

Hi guys,

I have noticed this morning that the rear passenger footwell is soaking wet. I know we are having lots of rain at the moment so wonder if anyone has any ideas where it might be coming in from. Don't know if this is coincidence but rear passenger side break light was out las week, new bulb and ok now. Thanks

the most common problem is the pollen filter cover which lets water into the passenger side footwell if your car was parked on a gradient it could run to the rear,Check the bottom of the windscreen. The filter cover forms part of the windscreen seal - on the passenger side. The cabin air intake is under

the cover.if this seams ok it could be the plastic weather seal behind the door panel damaged or the door seal itself

the most common problem is the pollen filter cover which lets water into the passenger side footwell if your car was parked on a gradient it could run to the rear,Check the bottom of the windscreen. The filter cover forms part of the windscreen seal - on the passenger side. The cabin air intake is under

the cover.if this seams ok it could be the plastic weather seal behind the door panel damaged or the door seal itself

thanks mintalkin, the car is the garage this morning for something else but i will check this when i get it back this afternoon.

just thought about what mintalkin has said. Even if it was the pollen filter and the car is parked on a gradient then the front passenger footwell would be wet wouldn't it? but its completely dry???

looking more like a possible door problem,another possible ingress point is around the rear light fittings if the seale are damaged but i would of thourght the boot would be wet