Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another Victim Of The Dreaded Potholes...

Flic

Fabio's first service was on Saturday (Can't believe I've had him a whole year!) so I took him to Sky Ford in Hemel and the kind gentleman said he would call me if there were any problems during the service. Half an hour later my phone goes, oh crud, I was then informed that both of my front alloys have slight buckling :angry: However the damage isn't affecting the wear of my tyres nor does it cause my steering wheel to vibrate at high speeds, so I was told it wasn't mega important to get them replaced right away but I should go back to get them rechecked if I hit another pothole or I start to experience any steering juddering. Needless to say I am NOT a happy bunny, even more so that the buckling isn't on my curbed alloy :rolleyes: I'm quoted about £380 to replace both my alloys, so I suppose I better start saving my pennies.

I asked the man who I dealt with if it's a known problem with the 17's buckling as I knew alot of people with the same problem. He said with some alloy faults, like the cracking alloys on some BMW's that was featured on Watchdog, you have a case as the alloy should NEVER crack, however alloys have been buckling since the dawn of car so it's inevitable if you hit them at speed that it's going to cause some damage!

So, other than that Fabio is in good health and as always I had excellent service, you'll be pleased to that they even gave him a wash, Dan :lol: :o

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

How could you let them? I was going to snow foam Fabio and everything next time I saw him and we had access to water :(

Bummer on the alloys - get them done asap Flic, wheels any shape other than round is not good. Plus, if you had an accident, I bet the insurance loss adjuster would love to know about buckled wheels and get out of paying...

Unfortunately it's going to have to be a couple of months before I can replace them, pennies are tight at the moment :(

I knew you'd be appalled I'd let them wash him! But I haven't had the chance for a couple of weeks and he was starting to turn a nice shade of insect :blink:

damn,those 17" allyos are extremely fragile,they should not buckle that easy,a lot of people here have been complaining about this.....

Bad luck Flic :( That happened on my dad's last car, but it buckled instantly and caused a slow leak on the tyre, completely buggering the sidewall before we noticed... £330 for the alloy and £150 for the rubber :o Think yourself lucky, young lady! :P

PLEASE IGNORE ME I'M A COMPLETE IDIOT

ugly says what?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol:

Seems to be a big problem with this :(

Ditch the Ford alloys and get something a bit sturdier :D

Ditch the Ford alloys and get something a bit sturdier :D

I think you missed the part where I said I can't afford to replace 2 of them, let alone all 4.

Wooden wheels?

Thats bad luck mate :\

you nknow when you drive over one and hear the bang and just think.. oh dear.

im sure when my service is due one of them must be buckled.

Potholes are a nightmare, why dont we use Concrete instead of tarmac on the roads?

Much more durable...

I've replaced two so far due to pot holes so I no how annoying an expensive they can be!

Concrete roads are horrendous to drive on, the road noise and overall driving experience is rubbish compared to Tarmac roads, and aslong as they are maintained and repaired in time they are just as durable as concrete roads, but maintain them is something the council obviously struggle to do

Sorry to hear that Flic. I almost wish that I'd bought those mint ones that were on eBay, just incase. The amount of people on here with buckled alloys is worrying. :huh:

Nicely done Mike - Flic I'd take the FREE WHEELS YOU GAVE HIM back, you may need them...

Hang your head in shame boy.

The amount of people on here with buckled alloys is worrying...

Those 17s look good - but they are no match for a pothole due to their design flaw. There is no..."substance" - not enough alloy to strengthen them in the centre design.

I have the optional 16" 7-spokes on my titanium & the front passenger side dropped a few inches into a pothole a few weeks back at around 50mph on a country road. There was an almighty bang/thud - and I immediately thought "oh no - there goes my alloy". Pulled over along the road & no damage that I can see. I've tried to have a good look behind the wheel (on full lock) and still can't see any actual damage. I have a strange feeling though that there may well be something amiss because it was an almighty thump - incredible infact...and I'm not normally that lucky! Car seems to be driving okay - but I really need to remove the wheel sometime soon & double check - probably this weekend.

But yeah - those 17s. Nice looking alloys - but a real worry if you're driving on some of those !Removed! UK roads of ours!

Awwww, bad luck Flic. I'm assuming my bog standard 15" alloys are ok, although I have encountered a few bad potholes. There was no mention of anything wrong at the service, assuming they did check them!

Nicely done Mike - Flic I'd take the FREE WHEELS YOU GAVE HIM back, you may need them...

Hang your head in shame boy.

Thanks Dan :) He has dutifully apologised!!

And Karen, I'm sure they would have checked them, it was on my little check list thing they gave me! Serves me right for having snazzy wheels :(

I've replaced two so far due to pot holes so I no how annoying an expensive they can be!

Concrete roads are horrendous to drive on, the road noise and overall driving experience is rubbish compared to Tarmac roads, and aslong as they are maintained and repaired in time they are just as durable as concrete roads, but maintain them is something the council obviously struggle to do

Well after all the moaning i done to the councill over the past months finally they are sorting the road up by mine by the looks of things they are retarmacing the whole road instead of those cheap dogy repairs.

Alloy replacement?

huge.67.337483.JPG

reminded me of that as soon as i saw that pic!!!!

i had have new shocks & wish bar cos of a pot hole!! consider yourself lucky it just some alloys! haha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club