Show
Photo
- - - - -

Another Victim Of The Dreaded Potholes...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:14 PM

Nicely done Mike - Flic I'd take the FREE WHEELS YOU GAVE HIM back, you may need them...

Hang your head in shame boy.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Michael P

Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: Vauxhall Corsa
  • Year: 2011

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:21 PM

head hanged

#18 Nightowl

Nightowl

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium 3-door + full bodykit Squeeze

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:06 PM

The amount of people on here with buckled alloys is worrying...

Those 17s look good - but they are no match for a pothole due to their design flaw. There is no..."substance" - not enough alloy to strengthen them in the centre design.

I have the optional 16" 7-spokes on my titanium & the front passenger side dropped a few inches into a pothole a few weeks back at around 50mph on a country road. There was an almighty bang/thud - and I immediately thought "oh no - there goes my alloy". Pulled over along the road & no damage that I can see. I've tried to have a good look behind the wheel (on full lock) and still can't see any actual damage. I have a strange feeling though that there may well be something amiss because it was an almighty thump - incredible infact...and I'm not normally that lucky! Car seems to be driving okay - but I really need to remove the wheel sometime soon & double check - probably this weekend.

But yeah - those 17s. Nice looking alloys - but a real worry if you're driving on some of those !Removed! UK roads of ours!

#19 Bashful

Bashful

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1l 125ps ecoboost
  • Year: 2013
Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:47 PM

Awwww, bad luck Flic. I'm assuming my bog standard 15" alloys are ok, although I have encountered a few bad potholes. There was no mention of anything wrong at the service, assuming they did check them!

#20 Flic

Flic

Area Rep: Southeast 2 (Chrome Hater)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Ford Model: 09 Fiesta Zetec-S
Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:10 PM

Nicely done Mike - Flic I'd take the FREE WHEELS YOU GAVE HIM back, you may need them...

Hang your head in shame boy.

Thanks Dan :) He has dutifully apologised!!

And Karen, I'm sure they would have checked them, it was on my little check list thing they gave me! Serves me right for having snazzy wheels :(

#21 fiesta_lad

fiesta_lad

Area Rep: Northwest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk5
Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:16 PM

I've replaced two so far due to pot holes so I no how annoying an expensive they can be!

Concrete roads are horrendous to drive on, the road noise and overall driving experience is rubbish compared to Tarmac roads, and aslong as they are maintained and repaired in time they are just as durable as concrete roads, but maintain them is something the council obviously struggle to do

Well after all the moaning i done to the councill over the past months finally they are sorting the road up by mine by the looks of things they are retarmacing the whole road instead of those cheap dogy repairs.

#22 Nico.

Nico.

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Name: Ryan
  • Ford Model: Ford fiesta MK7
  • Year: 2009

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:20 PM

Alloy replacement?

Posted Image

reminded me of that as soon as i saw that pic!!!!

i had have new shocks & wish bar cos of a pot hole!! consider yourself lucky it just some alloys! haha

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users