Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Laptop Going Crazy

fiesta_lad

Hi all my laptop is being a pain i have a acer 5738z with windows vista. lately when iam on a website and i click on a link that opens a new window the new window is not loading up and the whole computer frezzes and restarts internet explorer again now i have cleaned the history and it does work once then back to square 1 does anyone know what this can be its driveing me nuts cheers alan.

fiesta_lad follow the link below. This will show you how to change the internet explorere settings back to default. If that still does not work it show you where you can download a repair program for internet explorer.

Internet Explorer help

The other option is install another browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox - both are free.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Fiesta Lad, I have the exact same laptop, but I upgraded to Windows 7.

If what Sidge said doesn't work, try a System Restore. You can pick a date and time at which you know everything to do with the laptop was working.

It can be found by:

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

I hope this helps!

• 11 months later...

Hi fiesta_Lad,

Had this before and found it out to be a windows update !! a real pain,It is a known problem, not sure if it is generic to all systems or machine specific,

as Sidge says putting it back to default should sort it out, failing that reloading IE

if the default settings doesnt work...try downloading and installing a new browser such as firefox, chrome and opera...i personally use firefox on my pc and laptop and opera mini on my mobile...far better than the micros..t carp.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club