Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
florencethefiesta

Programming Car Key Using Red Master Key

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

Bit of background info: I have a 1995 MK4 1.8 diesel (non turbo). I have a red master key and 2 black keys that came with the car 3rd hand.

Basically my problem is I got a new car key cut today and was under the impression I could program the new key with the master key.

The technique I used is the 3rd option here: http://programautokeys.com/classified/DisplayAd.asp?id=521 but it says it's for a Ford Focus so I don't know if it is the same for a fiesta or not.

However, this didn't work so either I am using the wrong technique or there are too many keys programmed already, with it being so old this could be the case.

I was wondering if anyone could please shed some light if this is the correct technique for my car or not?

Any advice/help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone

Bit of background info: I have a 1995 MK4 1.8 diesel (non turbo). I have a red master key and 2 black keys that came with the car 3rd hand.

Basically my problem is I got a new car key cut today and was under the impression I could program the new key with the master key.

The technique I used is the 3rd option here: http://programautokeys.com/classified/DisplayAd.asp?id=521 but it says it's for a Ford Focus so I don't know if it is the same for a fiesta or not.

However, this didn't work so either I am using the wrong technique or there are too many keys programmed already, with it being so old this could be the case.

I was wondering if anyone could please shed some light if this is the correct technique for my car or not?

Any advice/help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, yes the sequence you used is correct for the ford fiesta PATS systems,and also i would agree that the chances are that there are already the max amount of key's programmed to the car.Just another question? You did get the correct transponder key for the car??

Its easy to program a new key, as long as you have the red master key. Here is how you do it:

1 - Insert RED key into ignition

2 - Turn to position 2 (Do not start engine)

3 - LED by clock lights up

4 - Remove RED key

5 - LED comes on again

6 - Insert key to be programmed into ignition

7 - Turn to position 2

8 - LED should flash to confirm programming

9 - Switch ignition off

New key must be insterted within 10 seconds of removing red key

Hi

Yeah I got the right transponder key, I assume you just have to get the right colour? The woman at the key cutting place seemed to know what she was on about.

I will try your method Jay as the method I used said I must use the master key, then a normal black one, then the new key.

Thanks for the help guys, I hope it works this time.

If not I will just have to carry around two keys if one of the originals breaks and just hover it over the ignition. Better than paying £70 for someone else to do it!

As you have the red master key, then the new keys must have a red dot on top - not a blue one. You should be able to program a new key no problem