• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 reefadude

reefadude

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: focus tdci

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:17 PM

hi if anyone can help my 53 focus keeps cutting while im driving so i have to keep restarting it while cruising along, ive just had the fuel pump overhauled at the cost of 900 and its still cutting out but now it only seems to cut out at around 70mph plus..... any ideas?????

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,901 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:20 PM

hi if anyone can help my 53 focus keeps cutting while im driving so i have to keep restarting it while cruising along, ive just had the fuel pump overhauled at the cost of £900 and its still cutting out but now it only seems to cut out at around 70mph plus..... any ideas?????

best advice take it back to whoever overhauled it and have it checked out cutting out at 70 is dangerous to say the least sounds like a timing and or fueling issue take it back and tell them you paid good money to have it fixed based on there diagnosis you want it fixed right this time

#3 chippin

chippin

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: focus tdci

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:22 AM

hi if anyone can help my 53 focus keeps cutting while im driving so i have to keep restarting it while cruising along, ive just had the fuel pump overhauled at the cost of 900 and its still cutting out but now it only seems to cut out at around 70mph plus..... any ideas?????

Did you have any joy fixing problem?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users