• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stormbringa

Stormbringa

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:01 PM

Battery went dead on my key fob for central locking, i have changed the battery but now the central locking is not working at all, i have seen ways you can reset it but not sure what would help me

Ford Mondeo Estate

1.8 TD

T reg

Cheers

Steve

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,940 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:25 PM

Battery went dead on my key fob for central locking, i have changed the battery but now the central locking is not working at all, i have seen ways you can reset it but not sure what would help me

Ford Mondeo Estate

1.8 TD

T reg

Cheers

Steve

FORD Mondeo 98> Scorpio 95> (Radio 3 Button) - Key Remote Programming1. Turn Ignition 4 times from 0 to I, ending at position I. A tone should sound.2. Press the Remote Unlock button another tone should sound.3. Additional Remotes can be added by repeating Step 2, within ten seconds of each remote.4. To exit turn Ignition to 0 another audible sound should be made.

#3 Stormbringa

Stormbringa

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:46 AM

FORD Mondeo 98> Scorpio 95> (Radio 3 Button) - Key Remote Programming1. Turn Ignition 4 times from 0 to I, ending at position I. A tone should sound.2. Press the Remote Unlock button another tone should sound.3. Additional Remotes can be added by repeating Step 2, within ten seconds of each remote.4. To exit turn Ignition to 0 another audible sound should be made.

thanks for reply artscot, but i am still having problems :/ no tone sounds when i try the ignition steps, any other theories?

thanks again

#4 ponsaloti

ponsaloti

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo
  • Year: 2014
Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

What makes you say the battery went dead. Problem may not be with the battery.

Go from position 1 to 2 4 times ending on 1,you should hear a chime.
Press any button on the remote, you should hear a chime.
Start car and turn off, check remote works.

If above fails, take it to a locksmith and get him to see if the remote is sending out a signal

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users