Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kris Eagling

Diamondbrite Clean

3 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone

Im going to use my precious time away from the air with EasyJet to give my new 10 plate black fiesta a wash.

I have the diamondbrite kit which has various shampoo's etc inside

I know it is a good kit, but does anyone have any tips/techniques or even an order in how they clean their car. As doing around 300miles of motorway driving has brought around some dirt which I can't stand. Very OCD about keeping my car clean all the time :)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

If you're OCD about car cleaning - then strip it off and add some decent protection.

Simply put, Diamondbrite is a synthetic sealant, and while as a sealant it works ok, the whole system is fundamentally flawed.

No sealant is going to last long term (say more than 3-6 months) before some quite serious hole start appearing in your protection. Now as an example, it takes me over an hour to create a good sealant layer on thoroughly prepared paintwork - do you really think Diamondbrite can do that simply with a top up from their 'conserver' on less than perfect paint? I would suggest not.

Much better would be to strip back the diamondbrite sealant (the entire kit sells for a fiver on eBay by the way, I really hope you didn't pay to have it applied, it's the biggest dealer rip off on the planet in my book) and look to apply a good quality sealant yourself such as FK1000P or Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection. Alternatively, you could wax the car, which is a whole lot more satisfying (or maybe I'm just sad) than using the diamondbrite stuff anyway.

See my detailing thread for help there :)

Detailing Guide

What he Said ^^ :)

I had supaguard put on my car before purchase( free Mr.Dan, only for the medical kit and fire extinguisher etc that came with it :) ) and I can tell already(and i have a limited knowledge of most things!) that the protection is wearing, only been since April 19th. I have some AutoGlym HD Wax to put on instead im sure dan will approve that I will be doing next weekish