• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kris Eagling

Kris Eagling

Local Rep: North London

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Name: Kris
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec MK7 Panther Black (2010)
  • Year: 2011

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:41 PM

Hi Everyone

Im going to use my precious time away from the air with EasyJet to give my new 10 plate black fiesta a wash.

I have the diamondbrite kit which has various shampoo's etc inside

I know it is a good kit, but does anyone have any tips/techniques or even an order in how they clean their car. As doing around 300miles of motorway driving has brought around some dirt which I can't stand. Very OCD about keeping my car clean all the time :)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Kris

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:41 AM

If you're OCD about car cleaning - then strip it off and add some decent protection.

Simply put, Diamondbrite is a synthetic sealant, and while as a sealant it works ok, the whole system is fundamentally flawed.

No sealant is going to last long term (say more than 3-6 months) before some quite serious hole start appearing in your protection. Now as an example, it takes me over an hour to create a good sealant layer on thoroughly prepared paintwork - do you really think Diamondbrite can do that simply with a top up from their 'conserver' on less than perfect paint? I would suggest not.

Much better would be to strip back the diamondbrite sealant (the entire kit sells for a fiver on eBay by the way, I really hope you didn't pay to have it applied, it's the biggest dealer rip off on the planet in my book) and look to apply a good quality sealant yourself such as FK1000P or Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection. Alternatively, you could wax the car, which is a whole lot more satisfying (or maybe I'm just sad) than using the diamondbrite stuff anyway.

See my detailing thread for help there :)

Detailing Guide

#3 Jason Tierney

Jason Tierney

Local Rep: Yorkshire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Ford Model: 2010 MK7 Fiesta Zetec S Ti-VCT

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:22 PM

What he Said ^^ :)

I had supaguard put on my car before purchase( free Mr.Dan, only for the medical kit and fire extinguisher etc that came with it :) ) and I can tell already(and i have a limited knowledge of most things!) that the protection is wearing, only been since April 19th. I have some AutoGlym HD Wax to put on instead im sure dan will approve that I will be doing next weekish

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users