• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 turboderv

turboderv

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: ka 2003 duratec

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:43 AM

hi i have got a 2003 ka and under acceleration it seems to wobble a bit side to side :unsure: looked at ball joints track rod ends and drop links no play at all they parts seem to be about 6 months old and changed for last mot anyone come across this problem before

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 I will fix it!

I will fix it!

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:57 PM

hi i have got a 2003 ka and under acceleration it seems to wobble a bit side to side :unsure: looked at ball joints track rod ends and drop links no play at all they parts seem to be about 6 months old and changed for last mot anyone come across this problem before

On the bottom of the steering column there is a knuckle joint that gets worn, unfortunately you cannot get this seperate and comes as part of the column. This will fix your problem.

Regards

#3 turboderv

turboderv

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: ka 2003 duratec

Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:11 PM

On the bottom of the steering column there is a knuckle joint that gets worn, unfortunately you cannot get this seperate and comes as part of the column. This will fix your problem.

Regards

It cat be that the movement is enough to make the car move slightly whilst driving if it was the knuckle joint that is an internal component between the column and the rack so the movement wouldnt be on the drive train but thanks for the sugestion

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users