Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Squealing Noise?

marty67

hi folks,i just bought a focus 2002 plate 1.8 tddi ,took it home and a squealing has started from engine,sprayed the fan belt twice with wd40 both times it stopped,but seems to start again on reving engine,anyone know what the problem could be?

also car has done 45,700 the timing belt hasnt been done,is it best to do it now given its age,or leave it a while?

hi folks,i just bought a focus 2002 plate 1.8 tddi ,took it home and a squealing has started from engine,sprayed the fan belt twice with wd40 both times it stopped,but seems to start again on reving engine,anyone know what the problem could be?

also car has done 45,700 the timing belt hasnt been done,is it best to do it now given its age,or leave it a while?

the worst thing you can spray on a belt is wd40, put some talcom( however you spell it) powder on it. could be a worn belt or bad tensioner.

timing belt is due at 100k or 10 years.

the worst thing you can spray on a belt is wd40, put some talcom( however you spell it) powder on it. could be a worn belt or bad tensioner.

timing belt is due at 100k or 10 years.

oh right,ooops,does the fan belt tensioner cost muc to replace?

oh right,ooops,does the fan belt tensioner cost muc to replace?

looking on eBay they are a whopping £130 :o have you inspected the belt? it could be worn?

Hi,

You could try a fan belt tensioner, if this has not cured your problem it will more than likely bt the front crankshaft oil seal. i have had this problem before.

Try the tensioner first, it is the cheaper option.

Regards

Hi,

You could try a fan belt tensioner, if this has not cured your problem it will more than likely bt the front crankshaft oil seal. i have had this problem before.

Try the tensioner first, it is the cheaper option.

Regards

i very much doubt if its an oil seal in this case, the noise went away for a short period after he sprayed the belt with wd40.

i very much doubt if its an oil seal in this case, the noise went away for a short period after he sprayed the belt with wd40.

Watch this space Steff!

good luck.

hi mate the worst thing you can do is WD it, you're giving it licence to move about and have play in it, it either needs to be tightened or replaced or as another member has stated a bit of talcolm powder applied, this however is a temp fix so at somepoint you'll have to pay the price of sorting it,

i hope this helps mate :)

adz

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club