Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Erratic Handling In Windy Conditions?

benholden2008

been quite windy up in the north east today and noticed that the handling was very erratic, especially down the A1. Never experienced this with any of my other cars so wondered if its a problem with the mk7 design or maby due to the tyres or wheels? as it was mentioned on here that the titaniums are quite prone to tramlining?

Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this with their mk7 or is it just me?

Not really, worst i've had is a freelander because its quite tall.. Although to be fair, anything with 4 wheels is nice. hanging onto a bike in the wind can prove pretty tricky.

Can’t say I’ve noticed any issues with the wind/handling or even about tram-lining

I done a 50 mile motorway trip yesterday and the car felt like it was all over the place at times... its just what the wind does to cars that weigh 950kg

Hate to prove you wrong but its between 950-1100kg depending on model and engine...

Go on then - prove him wrong, because his Ford produced spec sheet agrees with him.

Thanks Dan :D Just check the link! Between 1495kg and 1555kg depending on engine :P

Turns out GVM is the car including load and passengers Alex. The Fiesta tips the scales at around the tonne mark.

Apologies Jordan :D

In that case, I stand corrected :D Around a tonne it is! Good old Dan, to set me straight :)

As above, apologies Jordan

:P ... Does it feel good your cars just lost about 500kg in weight lol

It does rather! I thought 1.5 tonnes was a bit heavy for a fiesta :D

Tis a mere lightweight now!

mine also handles crappy in the wind

then again, ask the regulars on here, they will give you plenty of reasons why...

I find the handling in the wind to be quite bad but even more surprising was the handling on motorways without wind; the steering just feels too light and vague for me. The tyres on the Titanium do not suit the poor quality UK road surfaces.

I've also noticed my MK7 seems very prone to crosswind effect on the motorway commute between work and home where I'd previously never noticed it.

My girlfriend pointed out in the local supermarket car park the Fiesta was much taller than the old Clio it was next to and about the same height as the new Focus in the next space over. So I now attribute what I thought might be the tires to an actual crosswind.

Well looks like I'm not the only one, wiered because I thought the old shape fiesta (mk6.5) was taller and less aerodynamic making it more prone to this sort of handling? Seems to be more common with the titanium wheels and tyres so might have to look into changing them,

the steering is also incredibly sensitive making you constantly correcting the wheel, even if only slightly

Well looks like I'm not the only one, wiered because I thought the old shape fiesta (mk6.5) was taller and less aerodynamic making it more prone to this sort of handling? Seems to be more common with the titanium wheels and tyres so might have to look into changing them,

the steering is also incredibly sensitive making you constantly correcting the wheel, even if only slightly

I quite like the steering on the motorway, I can stay in control with just a finger, really. I don't really find I have to correct it much either, she's nicely planted until you go 90+

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club