Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 Small Problems

Barky

hi all

i have had my mk7 fiesta for over a week now, and i love it.

Just a couple of questions tho.

1 - Does the stereo have to be on for the bluetooth handsfree to work? (if so is there a stereo mute button or do i just turn the volume down)

2 - As I have got the 3 door fiesta the seatbelt over my right shoulder is very hard to reach when siting in the car, any soultions?

3 - I have the 1.6 petrol but when it starts up it is quite noisy (sounds a little bit like a diesel), is this normal?

4 - Is there anyway to stop my iPhone automatically playing its ipod feature when it connects to bluetooth?

5 - Does anyone use the voice commands to its full potential (i read the manual but has anyone seen a better guide or got any hot tips to get the best from it)

Thanks

hi all

i have had my mk7 fiesta for over a week now, and i love it.

Just a couple of questions tho.

1 - Does the stereo have to be on for the bluetooth handsfree to work? (if so is there a stereo mute button or do i just turn the volume down)

Yes it does - a little silly I know. I have mine on all the time - there is no mute button, just turn it down.

2 - As I have got the 3 door fiesta the seatbelt over my right shoulder is very hard to reach when siting in the car, any soultions?

Erm, grow a bit? :lol: Lower your seat a little perhaps.

3 - I have the 1.6 petrol but when it starts up it is quite noisy (sounds a little bit like a diesel), is this normal?

Yes, this has been observed on meets, the tick over of the mk7 is really quite diesel like.

4 - Is there anyway to stop my iphone automatically playing its ipod feature when it connects to bluetooth?

No, this one's Apple's fault. They have promised a resolution in software version 4.

5 - Does anyone use the voice commands to its full potential (i read the manual but has anyone seen a better guide or got any hot tips to get the best from it)

Not sure what you mean really, I found the manual quite good and the whole system pretty intuitive.

Thanks

Cheers for both replies Dan (pressure washer one aswell)

I will have a look on eBay for a karcher pressure washer and lance.

Regarding the bluetooth its just that i read the manual then by the time i got in the car i forgot almost all of the instructions, i suppose i will just have to read it a few times to make it stick.

I was hoping there might be a few short cuts ie. i could just press the voice command button and say "phone home" and it would phone home rather than "Phone", "Phone Name", "Phone Home", "Yes" etc. just seemed a little long winded for voice commands.

What a great car the new fiesta is though, this is my 5th brand new Fiesta and by far the best..

The phone is the default setting on the VC - so you can go straight to it without saying phone.

i.e. press the button, say 'dial name' 'name please' say 'home' 'dial home? confirm yes or no' say 'yes' - and away it goes.

The same is true for redial and dial number.

But <whispers> that's all in the manual :lol:

The phone is the default setting on the VC - so you can go straight to it without saying phone.

i.e. press the button, say 'dial name' 'name please' say 'home' 'dial home? confirm yes or no' say 'yes' - and away it goes.

The same is true for redial and dial number.

But <whispers> that's all in the manual :lol:

LOL

Again cheers Dan

Note to myself: check the manual before putting up a post so i don't look so foolish..

LOL

Again cheers Dan

Note to myself: check the manual before putting up a post so i don't look so foolish..

so i wonder how many ppl actually buy a car wit out reading a manual

I must admit No3 annoyed me for a while :rolleyes:

But i found just sliding my right arm backwards between the door and the seat and grabing the belt that way was much easier than trying to get it over the shoulder :D

Andy

I must admit No3 annoyed me for a while :rolleyes:

But i found just sliding my right arm backwards between the door and the seat and grabing the belt that way was much easier than trying to get it over the shoulder :D

Andy

I agree, I do that too!

The seatbelt is abit far back. But Im used to it now

The ONLY thing that annoys me, if the passenger seat in the 3 door has no memory.

Maybe the driver side aswell. You slide it forward to let people in and it will need adjusting again :angry:

Other than that

LOVE MY ZS :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club