Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloy Wheel Con Fusion.

DaveG

A relation has just given me four 14 inch alloy wheels, they've come off of van he's just bought, they are as follows:

MAKE: CSA (4 stud) on the back of the alloys are these details; AS1638.....6JX14H2.....041098

Does anyone know if they would fit my 2003 Fusion 2?.

I currently have 15 inch steel wheels, which imho seem to be snug for the wheel well.

Any thoughts on how handling etc would be affected by going from 15inch steel to 14 inch alloys ?.

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

There maybe a slight increase in fuel consumption because your Fusion is designed for 15 inch wheels, it may also affect your insurance

as they would be classed as a modification from the Ford Specification & if you did not inform your insurance any future claim you made might be classed as invalid.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The alloys fit fine,without the need for spacers etc, and as per usual the insurance company have been notified.

I'm glad to have gone down a size because I've always felt that the 15inch steel wheels and 195/60 r15's were too close to the wheel arch.

Anyway the 14inch wheels have been fitted with 175/65 r14 Conti Eco Contacts, so any change in size (from 15 inch to 14 inch)should'nt hopefully change fuel consumption much, the only downer is knowing what the "normal" pressure should be, I've looked around on the net and can't find anything, the tyres have a max of 44psi.

Can anyone please tell me what the pressure should be.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Around 37PSi should be fine mate, if you put 44Psi in it will cause the centre of your tyres to wear down quicker than the sides, :o and in regards to the alloys being fuel efficient they should be, because the steel rims are heavier if not twice the weight of your alloys, so wheel spin's will be a lot easier for you to execute as the engine will find it easier to rotate the wheels :lol:

also may be worth getting the tracking re done now that their fitted.

Around 37PSi should be fine mate, if you put 44Psi in it will cause the centre of your tyres to wear down quicker than the sides, :o and in regards to the alloys being fuel efficient they should be, because the steel rims are heavier if not twice the weight of your alloys, so wheel spin's will be a lot easier for you to execute as the engine will find it easier to rotate the wheels :lol:

also may be worth getting the tracking re done now that their fitted.

Thanks for that was beginning to get a little concerned that it was'nt good going from a 195/60 r15 to a 175/65 r14, as fusions supposedly only take a 185 or 195 ?.

Thanks for that was beginning to get a little concerned that it was'nt good going from a 195/60 r15 to a 175/65 r14, as fusions supposedly only take a 185 or 195 ?.

No prob mate happy to be of assistance heres 2 links i keep saved to my favourite's bar find them handy for tyre sizes Wheel Offset Calculator thats more for deep dish alloys and drift wheels and this Tyre Size Calculator gives you a visual of what bigger or smaller wheels will be like compared to your existing ones, also if ya are planning on wheel spins keep an eye on your CV boots i tore mine on the starlet i once had and ended up with grease splatterd all over my chrome liped wolf race street octaine R15's absolute disaster to get off ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club