sparkywilliams

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Ford Model: Ka

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:27 PM

13052010(004).JPG

Hi

After fiting some wider alloys i have noticed the inside rim's have worn a slice into a bit of rubber that surround the front drivers side brake hose as the car has been driven on full lock.
It hasn't gone into the hose itself but obviously i would like to replace as it would be likely to fail the MOT.
I'd like to keep the alloys so can anyone recommend a solution i.e can i buy different brake hoses that are slimmer at that point? If you look closely its the thickness of the rubber mounting that is the problem.

How have others got around this problem?

The wheels are 15' and are quite chunky yet strangely the left hand wheel hasn't damaged the other wheels hoses.

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,756 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:19 PM

13052010(004).JPG

Hi

After fiting some wider alloys i have noticed the inside rim's have worn a slice into a bit of rubber that surround the front drivers side brake hose as the car has been driven on full lock.
It hasn't gone into the hose itself but obviously i would like to replace as it would be likely to fail the MOT.
I'd like to keep the alloys so can anyone recommend a solution i.e can i buy different brake hoses that are slimmer at that point? If you look closely its the thickness of the rubber mounting that is the problem.

How have others got around this problem?

The wheels are 15' and are quite chunky yet strangely the left hand wheel hasn't damaged the other wheels hoses.

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

as the hose itself isnt damaged this shouldnt fail an mot but the tester may well bring it up to make you aware.

braided hoses are very thin compared with standard hoses, these might be worth looking into?

#3 sparkywilliams

sparkywilliams

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Ford Model: Ka

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:59 AM

as the hose itself isnt damaged this shouldnt fail an mot but the tester may well bring it up to make you aware.

braided hoses are very thin compared with standard hoses, these might be worth looking into?

Thanks very much,it passed!! subsequently realised that sum dumbo has fitted the hose kinda upside down,the rubber surround should be below the latch and not above.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users