Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

jamboken77

Cam Belt

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

How much should I expect to pay for a new cam belt fitted for a Focus 01 1.8 LX?

I've been quoted £269 but this seems excessive. It has 100k miles on it hence the new cam belt.

I'm in the Nottingham area so if anyone can recommend somewhere to go to get the work done then that would be great.

Cheers

Hello,

How much should I expect to pay for a new cam belt fitted for a Focus 01 1.8 LX?

I've been quoted £269 but this seems excessive. It has 100k miles on it hence the new cam belt.

I'm in the Nottingham area so if anyone can recommend somewhere to go to get the work done then that would be great.

Cheers

well i was qouted 220 inc vat and parts for a timing belt and tensioner replacement as well as the fan belt thats from my local ford dealer

well i was qouted 220 inc vat and parts for a timing belt and tensioner replacement as well as the fan belt thats from my local ford dealer

Wow that's good! I've now been quoted £160 from another garage, which almost seems too cheap..... hmmm. Thanks for your reply.

Wow that's good! I've now been quoted £160 from another garage, which almost seems too cheap..... hmmm. Thanks for your reply.

i've just paid £200 for mine

hi seems abit pricey to me i've just paid £200

I'm not really up on all the lingo, so what does it mean when they say 'do you want the timing kit with that', is it necessary and should it add a lot more to the price.

All confusing and my car is on 100k and I'm sweating on it not destroying my engine.

I'm not really up on all the lingo, so what does it mean when they say 'do you want the timing kit with that', is it necessary and should it add a lot more to the price.

All confusing and my car is on 100k and I'm sweating on it not destroying my engine.

never go for anything less than a timing belt kit, this includes the belt and tensioner.

it would be worthwhile replacing the alternator belt while you are there, this needs to come off to do the timing belt so wont add any more cost to the labour.