#1 jamboken77

jamboken77

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.8 LX 2001

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:15 PM

Hello,

How much should I expect to pay for a new cam belt fitted for a Focus 01 1.8 LX?
I've been quoted 269 but this seems excessive. It has 100k miles on it hence the new cam belt.
I'm in the Nottingham area so if anyone can recommend somewhere to go to get the work done then that would be great.

Cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,977 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:04 PM

Hello,

How much should I expect to pay for a new cam belt fitted for a Focus 01 1.8 LX?
I've been quoted 269 but this seems excessive. It has 100k miles on it hence the new cam belt.
I'm in the Nottingham area so if anyone can recommend somewhere to go to get the work done then that would be great.

Cheers

well i was qouted 220 inc vat and parts for a timing belt and tensioner replacement as well as the fan belt thats from my local ford dealer

#3 jamboken77

jamboken77

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:11 PM

well i was qouted 220 inc vat and parts for a timing belt and tensioner replacement as well as the fan belt thats from my local ford dealer

Wow that's good! I've now been quoted 160 from another garage, which almost seems too cheap..... hmmm. Thanks for your reply.

#4 billyboggins

billyboggins

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:10 PM

Wow that's good! I've now been quoted 160 from another garage, which almost seems too cheap..... hmmm. Thanks for your reply.

i've just paid 200 for mine

#5 billyboggins

billyboggins

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:11 PM

hi seems abit pricey to me i've just paid 200

#6 jamboken77

jamboken77

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:56 AM

hi seems abit pricey to me i've just paid 200

I'm not really up on all the lingo, so what does it mean when they say 'do you want the timing kit with that', is it necessary and should it add a lot more to the price.

All confusing and my car is on 100k and I'm sweating on it not destroying my engine.

#7 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,954 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:59 PM

I'm not really up on all the lingo, so what does it mean when they say 'do you want the timing kit with that', is it necessary and should it add a lot more to the price.

All confusing and my car is on 100k and I'm sweating on it not destroying my engine.

never go for anything less than a timing belt kit, this includes the belt and tensioner.
it would be worthwhile replacing the alternator belt while you are there, this needs to come off to do the timing belt so wont add any more cost to the labour.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users