Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pollen Replacement

the shaymen

Hi everyone,

Went to ford today and purchased a pollen filter & seal. On removing the actual pollen filter housing I

noticed both clips on the back were broke, so therefore carried on and put the new filter and seal on

and clipped the front 3 clips back on and the screw.

Will this keep the water out of the car or will I need some sealant as you can see a gap between the

filter housing and windscreen were the new seal is. as anyone else had problems with the clips?

The focus is a MK1 o4 plate.

Thanks for any advice or help on this situation.

Hi everyone,

Went to ford today and purchased a pollen filter & seal. On removing the actual pollen filter housing I

noticed both clips on the back were broke, so therefore carried on and put the new filter and seal on

and clipped the front 3 clips back on and the screw.

Will this keep the water out of the car or will I need some sealant as you can see a gap between the

filter housing and windscreen were the new seal is. as anyone else had problems with the clips?

The focus is a MK1 o4 plate.

Thanks for any advice or help on this situation.

if theres a gap its likely it will leak again ide get a new housing sealant will last only so long and will only cause more hassle in the future

the problem with the pollen filter cover/housing leaking isnt actually to do with it being tight against the windscreen. on the underside of the cover there is a long plastic strip thats been pressed on, the water gets between this and the cover and drops onto the pollen filter. run a bead of sealant around all the edges of this making sure you get a good bond and it should be fine.

the cover on my car is by far a great seal on the windscreen, infact there is only a small piece of double sided tape and it hasnt leaked in 2 years since i had bother with it!

Sounds like good advice

What sealant did you use? is it silicon or is it a pre made rubber type seal?

a new grille cowel is £34.88 inc vat from us

sounds like the best way to go

a wet floor is such a pain and best avoided £35 sounds fair enough to me :)

Good shout man

does that include the filter and foam strip?

bt_cav, i just used a good quality silicon sealant.

Thanks for all the replys, Just to let you know I put some roof/gutter sealant from b&q between the housing and windscreen, it was a bit messy but looks okay. It rained quite hard last night and so far no wet patches , I'll keep an eye on it. If I do get a leak I will invest in a new pollen filter housing for £35.

Once again many thanks for your suggestions .... andy .....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club