• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jane

jane

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: puma

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:59 AM

Hi- I'm trying to cut down costs on my MOT list and think I might be able to replace the ABS sensor myself - only problem being; no mechanical knowledge whatsoever - anyone got the know how?? :unsure:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,193 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:50 PM

Hi- I'm trying to cut down costs on my MOT list and think I might be able to replace the ABS sensor myself - only problem being; no mechanical knowledge whatsoever - anyone got the know how?? :unsure:

i dont know anything about puma's but is it front or rear? and disc or drum brake sensor?

#3 DarthRevan

DarthRevan

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Fusion 2

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:14 PM

Hi, replying on behalf of Jane here - it's the front offside ABS sensor on disc brakes and it's reading open circuit with an ohmmeter after we took a reading across the terminals under the wheel arch (after we'd separated the connector) -so we reckon it's goosed.

#4 jedamotorsport

jedamotorsport

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Ford Model: RS`S
Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:11 PM

Hi, replying on behalf of Jane here - it's the front offside ABS sensor on disc brakes and it's reading open circuit with an ohmmeter after we took a reading across the terminals under the wheel arch (after we'd separated the connector) -so we reckon it's goosed.

Did you spin the wheel and get around about fluctuating 2 v dc?

Easy to replace just remove the securing bolt then pull the offending ABS sensor,or ply it out with a sharp screwdriver if it stubbern,then inset the new abs sensor with a nice coating of WD40 to aid insertion.You may need to scrub up the seating with wire wool to rid the rust.

Jeff

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users