Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'10 Plate Fiesta Making Strange Sounds

Kris Eagling

Hey Everyone

Will start by giving you a bit of background as this may help some of you help me a bit easier.

I am cabin crew, so use my car a fair amount, I take it on a 60 mile round trip about 3-4 times a week. I've had the car for about 3 weeks now and done about 550 miles.

I do a lot of motorway driving in 5th gear at around 80-100mph :)

Recently i've been hearing a clicking sound shortly after changing gear, but also at some other times aswell such as just driving along or waiting in traffic.

I'm not sure what it is and it hasn't made this sound before.

It has been hotter in London these past 2 days than it normally is but I has been hot like this while i've had the car and never heard the sound, as i thought it might have been the rad kicking in.

Anyone got any suggestions/fixes or even think it's worth taking it to ford?

Thanks

Kris

might be the air con switching on and off,try driving with it switched off and see if the clicking stops.

Dave

Hey Everyone

Will start by giving you a bit of background as this may help some of you help me a bit easier.

I am cabin crew, so use my car a fair amount, I take it on a 60 mile round trip about 3-4 times a week. I've had the car for about 3 weeks now and done about 550 miles.

I do a lot of motorway driving in 5th gear at around 80-100mph :)

Recently i've been hearing a clicking sound shortly after changing gear, but also at some other times aswell such as just driving along or waiting in traffic.

I'm not sure what it is and it hasn't made this sound before.

It has been hotter in London these past 2 days than it normally is but I has been hot like this while i've had the car and never heard the sound, as i thought it might have been the rad kicking in.

Anyone got any suggestions/fixes or even think it's worth taking it to ford?

Thanks

Kris

Try not speeding

Try not speeding

whats that got to do with the air con clicking on and of :unsure::unsure:

Will have a go with driving with the air con off and see if it was that :)

And Fiesta_Lad thanks for the help mate...

Thanks

Kris

whats that got to do with the air con clicking on and of :unsure::unsure:

Not on about air con just saying its only 70mph on the motorway last time i checked.

I do know what the speed limit is down the motorway... Im in need of help with my problem not someone to be the police and tell me off. If I get caught by the REAL POLICE that is down to me and I know the consequences anything up to 6 points and a fine meaning I will lose my license. Sometimes things like traffic and other things require me to go slightly faster. Now that you've said that twice can we get back to my problem

I did a drive earlier with the air-con off and I didn't hear the clicking, so incase it was a one off or I missed the sound I will keep listening for the next few days :)

Thanks

Kris

I do know what the speed limit is down the motorway... Im in need of help with my problem not someone to be the police and tell me off. If I get caught by the REAL POLICE that is down to me and I know the consequences anything up to 6 points and a fine meaning I will lose my license. Sometimes things like traffic and other things require me to go slightly faster. Now that you've said that twice can we get back to my problem

I did a drive earlier with the air-con off and I didn't hear the clicking, so incase it was a one off or I missed the sound I will keep listening for the next few days :)

Thanks

Kris

I did'nt say i was the police did i but driveing 80mph to 100mph lets hope the police do catch up with you because the end of the day people like you who are the sort to cause accidents theres a reason why theres why it 70mph my cousin was killed comeing home from school due to a speeding car and there are road rules to follow not to break otherwise you should not be on the road simple has.

but like they say... rules were made to be broken :unsure:

Would u break the road rules before you passed your test while you was under intruction ie with your driveing school if the answer is no why break them once you passed your test.

Would u break the road rules before you passed your test while you was under intruction ie with your driveing school if the answer is no why break them once you passed your test.

Fiesta Lad do us all a favour and crawl back under your rock! IDIOT :angry:

Don't think so who r you calling a idiot you don't even know me if you want to call some one a idiot call it to yourself.

Another one that has got to much to say for him self and propbaily speeds why don't you crawl back under your rock and say threre :angry:

Anyone in admin like to close this thread? it seems to be drifting into insults rather than positive comments.

Fiesta lad I’m sorry but there was no real justification to jump on Kris about his ‘speed’ comment.

Unfortunately more accidents are caused by people ‘speeding’ just a few miles per hour over a 30 limited i.e. 36mph and also travelling at 30mph where really the limit should be less, i.e. side roads on a housing estate, than doing 90 on a motorway.

I wonder if you (or anyone) can honestly say you never ‘exceed’ the speed limit, and if not then perhaps we shouldn’t judge others.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

I'm not going to close the thread as the original poster is yet to get to the bottom of their problem (although I do think it's the aircon click...)

Fiesta-lad - as has been said by cyb, your original comment was unnecessary and somewhat judgmental. Obviously a subject close to your heart, but let's keep things on track and good natured please.

Igglepiggle - please read the FOC rules. Personal attacks are not tolerated on this forum - if you wish to disagree with someone, that's fine, but name calling is not on.

Hopefully we can get this thread back on track, I have to longish drives over the next 3 days, so I will be closely monitoring the situation and see if the nose persists.

Will report back :)

Thanks

Kris

Could be the electronic speed limiter starting to kick in at 100mph?

Or is there a nail in one of your tyres?

Mine does it when stationary, seems normal

I have two longish drives over the next 3 days, so I will be closely monitoring the situation and see if the nose persists.

What makes you so sure that the clicking is related to 'fast' driving? If it was just the aircon then it should click on and off at regular intervals during all types of driving.

My fez makes a loud click when it's just sitting stationary, always has done it never thought anything of it <_<

I don't at all think it's related to fast driving.

I think it may be something to do with the air-con or fan

Haven't heard it in a while so maybe you people are right, I haven't used the aircon and haven't heard it.

I don't think it's a noise i should be concerned with, I'd just like to know what it was :)

Thanks for the help

Kris

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club