Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Newbie

Mk7_Rbj

Hi all

Just introducing myself

I am the proud new owner of a Mk7 1.25 zetec fiesta 3dr in Ink Blue i think the colour is called.

I have currently only done around 200 miles in it but am amased at how far ford have come since the older fiestas!!

I will get a pic up as soon as i get myself my own laptop (unfortunately my stuident house was burgled last friday and we all know how long insurance companies take!!!)

This is basically a prewarning for the amount of questions i will be asking on here!

Thanks and looking forward to swapping ideas

Rob

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mk7_Rbj

• Nico.

• C-Max Boy 1983

• Michael P

welcome to FOC, sorry to hear about the house

Welcome to the FOC :D

Glad you like your car, and sorry about the robbbery :(

Hello and welcome!

Fell free to bombard us with questions, that is what we are here for!

What was your previous car? :)

Thanks

I previously owned a '89 AX which was basically still in showroom cfondition wen I had it in 2005/6 (it had 4000 miles on the clock!!!!), a peugeot 106 and a vw polo.

Here is a picture of my car when i bought it

newnoplate.jpg

And here a cheeky one showing of my friends new quad bike too! :P

ffocnoplate.jpg

The main plans i have for the car are

tinted supaglass

wheels (possibly focus st170 wheels)

mudflaps?

armrest (i have found a thread on here about this foc armrest thread however the armrest i want (in the picture with the zetec interior) is no longer available from the link provided and cant find it anywhere else)

shorter arial

subwoofer and amplifier (and eventually Speakers too)

upgrade bulbs, maybe change the footwell light colours

... and a few other things...

WHat are people's thoughts? ANd any help anyone can give on any of the above would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Rob

Nice looking Fiesta.

I would go for a stubby aeril, I've got one on my C-Max only cost me £6.99 in Halfords and is much better than the standard ford one, and it's got a good reception as well, tinted glass would be good as well, not sure on the ST170 alloys, might be a idea to photoshop it to guage opinion.

Thanks..

But what other 17s are available apart from the st170s??

I think they could possibly look prety good Linky link

And i forgot to include the link to the armrest thread in my earlier post

foc armrestthread

I would go for a stubby aeril, I've got one on my C-Max only cost me £6.99

ANy picsw of this mate?

ANDwhat is the diff between the mk7 and mk8 fiesta??

Nice!!

There is no MK8 (yet), what you have is a MK7 :)

Welcome Mk7_rbj,

You have my Fezza's twin, think your colour is Ocean blue (best colour in Fiesta range :D ), Ink blue is more darker shade and replaced Ocean blue, though could be the light

The stubby you have looks nicer than the one I dug out that I used to have on my polo.

Will post a picture later tonight wen I get home as am currently on my way back from collecting some bentley wheels for my mates a3! :)

And my twin: 1.25 3dr zetec in ocean blue? Pic?

Also you go high up for having a private plate, i'm a bit obsessed!

Thanks michael.. Do you have one?

Me and my friends all feel the same way.. A standard (often in crap condition!!) can really ruin a really nice car!

Heres the pic of my beesting/stubby

photo-1.jpg

And the bentley wheels i mentioned

photo2.jpg

Also, picked up a ford accessories brochure today and found a few cool little bits, including the armrest!! :-D (albeit for a hundred quid, and im pretty sure the £25 adaptor which comes up when you google a mk7 armrest is also needed)

Excuse the bad pics, done on my phone in mates car!!!

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm8/rb-jenkins/photo3.jpg

There is also the full range of alloy wheels in the brochure, some of which are pretty stunning!

Yeah I bought my stubby for my focus which I had three years ago when I was into modding it, then I bought a Skoda, and the stubby did not fit, but when I bought my C-Max the standard ford aeril was bent (as if it had hit a low level car park sign, so I use the stubby for shows/meets as the wife tends to use the car more than me at the minute and the standard aeril is on the car at the moment.

I like the armrest, I've got one in my C-Max, at first it took a bit of getting used to but I do like it now.

Thanks michael.. Do you have one?

i do!

P1030516.jpg

I lurve it. I'm guessing that yours is your initials!!

Hi RBJ, have you not considered the ZS/X-pack 17's? They look excellent, although do seem a bit susceptible to buckling and kerbing with the low profile tyres.

The Bentley alloys look awesome, what are they, 20's? :o

I like the armrest, I've got one in my C-Max, at first it took a bit of getting used to but I do like it now.

Yeah, myparents have one in their c-max... i dont knw why anyone wouldnt want one.. And i do a fair few motorway miles so would be pretty handy

I lurve it. I'm guessing that yours is your initials!!

Yes RBJ are my initials

Hi RBJ, have you not considered the ZS/X-pack 17's? They look excellent, although do seem a bit susceptible to buckling and kerbing with the low profile tyres.

The Bentley alloys look awesome, what are they, 20's? :o

I'm sorry, which are the 'xpack wheels'? The zs ones on the whitecar inyour sig?

ANd the Bentley wheels are only 19s, running some absolutely immense stretch on the tyres!!!! THink he's goingto beparking in the middleof the road to avoid kerbs!!! haha

Yeah, the one in the pic. You can get them on the ZS with the street pack or on a Titanium with the X-pack like I've got - they're fairly lovely, bit expensive though to replace when they inevitably buckle (as everyones on here has :( )

Yeah, the one in the pic. You can get them on the ZS with the street pack or on a Titanium with the X-pack like I've got - they're fairly lovely, bit expensive though to replace when they inevitably buckle (as everyones on here has :( )

All buckled from crashes??

Or simply too soft a compound or something and buckle from potholes?

Thinking about changing my number plate lights, which i believe to be w5w, for some LED Bulbs

Does anybody know if i will need ones with a resistor?

From what I gather, the alloys on the fez are not great, you hit a pothole and thats them, Luke from performance ford has this problem as well.

Davy