Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Newbie

Mk7_Rbj

Purchased and fitted the ClimAir wind deflectors fom ford today. Went to a brand new unit In Bristol, near Ashton gate. Brunel ford's new depot. Is really good. Staff really helpful..

Anyway, a pic:

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm8/rb-jenkins/cdbf64ed.jpg

and another from inside!!

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm8/rb-jenkins/a6caad43.jpg

Really really chuffed with them so far :-D

have also bought the rubber mats for the front. Waiting to Hoover before I put them in though.

Apologies for pics not bein up, writing on my phone and don't know the code.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mk7_Rbj

• Nico.

• C-Max Boy 1983

• Michael P

ANDwhat is the diff between the mk7 and mk8 fiesta??

to answer your question, some people (mainly eBay sellers) class the facelift mk6 (mk6.5) as the mk7 so then this makes the mk7 the mk8 in their books when its really not...

AND the number plate bulbs just buy any old 501's, what i chucked in mine

and as for mods to do too it... defo recommend gettin the 12 cluster 501 led in red for the footwells! and if you fancy a little elecy job try the DRL's like i have (avatar) :) and wire up rear footwell lights... makes the car look 'naughty word' hot at night

Thanks Nico for clearing up the Mk7/mk8 question

I've been searching for the wrong thing on eBay all this time then!!!

And the red footwell LEDs are definately a must. And have you yourself fitted the rears to a 3dr? Or have any idea how to do it neatly.

And, the pics of teh rubber mats

deeda619.jpg

b75722e6.jpg

I would have liked the drivers one to be longer but it sits perfectly on top of my original dealer supplied cheapo mats anyway

i just had to run a cable along the skirts to under the seat it was easy really but looks nice at night

Washed, Debadged the rear and waxed the whole thing last night.

1st wash since collection.

Pics to follow..

Excuse the crap pics, all off of phone.

Debadged with a healthy coating of AutoGlym High Def Wax

reardebadgewax.jpg

And the results of the wash and wax marathon!

aeee5561.jpg

teconightclean.jpg

Looks good debadged mate.Davy

Thanks mate,looks waaaay better..

Had just been waiting to wash it before i did it

Also, fitted a K&N cone this evening

Currently i have it held down with gaffa tape but going to make a bracket to secure it down in the next couple of days.

Pics with neither:

3f0d42f1.jpg

42c1855d.jpg

What do you think?

would like to know the difference you get from that cone being honest cos if i not mistaken i think you have a 1.25 zetec like mine?

looks good though!

would like to know the difference you get from that cone being honest cos if i not mistaken i think you have a 1.25 zetec like mine? looks good though!

i guess you are referring to performance improvements....

to be honest i knew it wouldnt make the 1.25 any quicker, but the set up is sooo perfect for adding a cone on i just had to try it out!

so far the differences i would say are: improved throttle response, meatier sound in general, really deep tone above 3k revs

AND it looks waaaaaay better than the standard airbox and stupidly restrictive panel!

Will run it for a week or so with the cone and see how it is in general, it's getting chucked if it ruins my mpg targets!!!!

lol

i guess you are referring to performance improvements....

to be honest i knew it wouldnt make the 1.25 any quicker, but the set up is sooo perfect for adding a cone on i just had to try it out!

so far the differences i would say are: improved throttle response, meatier sound in general, really deep tone above 3k revs

AND it looks waaaaaay better than the standard airbox and stupidly restrictive panel!

Will run it for a week or so with the cone and see how it is in general, it's getting chucked if it ruins my mpg targets!!!!

lol

i was just asking in general... but i am deffo after a better sound from my car it just sounds too nice of you get me? not enough of a grunt... and i am aware its not a monster under the hood but i just want a nice noise :) haha so yeah would be nice to get feedback from you! would be much appreciated

well in that case nico, it is adefinate must, all it really involvesis undoing4screws and sticking a cone on the end of the current pipe to the airbox !!! :D

all my mates have commented on the noise! sounded pretty mad today in the multi storey car park!!!

and at the end of the day if you dont like it you can always take it off and put the standard panel filter back

In other news:

My JL 12w3 arrived today

a53ebf50.jpg

Now all i need is a box, amp, wires, bass control/eq unit to allow use with standard head unit, dynamat for the boot lid and a hell of a lot of messing about to get a cable thru the bulkhead to the battery!!!! :huh: <_< :(

And Nico, i really want to change my front footwell lights to a matching red to the other interior lights, and also put them in the rear.

Could you point me in the direction of some decent bulbs please?

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2pcs-501-W5W-Wide-Angle-12-LED-Red-Dash-Wedge-Bulbs-/200481833966?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eada603ee#ht_968wt_1139

they are the ones i got in the footwells, just flood the whole place!!!

looks like...

11052010112.jpg

and for the rear i got a strip of led lights of eBay again... i need to fix one of the rears as i have learnt i didn't make the cable long enough so it dont work when the seats back! so i might fashion up a mini guide for it...

11052010111.jpg

be good too see how the amp goes btw... looking at doing the internal Speakers atm until i got the money and that

and a quick cheeky one... how much the cone cost??

and a quick cheeky one... how much the cone cost??

This one was free!! :D

Was just lying around in my mates garage so i asked him if i could try it on!!

lucky sumat.... haha i looking at getting one for cheap... eBay first look at lol

b7f76b09.jpg

guesses for what is underway then?!?! Ha

• 2 years later...

ill be back soon with a newer, diesel, fiesta......

watch this space! :D

so......

I am now the proud owner of a 2012 Titanium Fiesta 1.4tdci with many many many options

My dad has been running this car for about ten months now jsut to get to work and back so he didnt have to start up his RS4!

After spending alot of money running my BMW i decided i needed something more cost effective.

After a bit of negotiation i came to an arrangement to buy his fiesta off him.

He lives in manchester but drove it down to the midlands for 'hand-over'!

I was aware it was a high spec vehicle but was please to find out that it even had keyless start.

null_zps74453034.jpg

It was pretty dusty/dirty on the inside, and teh front was covered in flies from the motorway journey.

The vey first thing I did was to de-badge the rear of model and spec., and dig out my old wind deflectors an rubber mats from my previous Mk7.

null_zpsa92af0f5.jpg

null_zpsdf7d554c.jpg

And then gave the car a full clean, briefly including;

- Full interior clean, vacuum and dress plastics

- Snowfoam

- Clean wheels

- Rinse

- Wash using 2bm

- Decon'd paintwork and wheels with fallout remover

- Rinse

- De-tar bodywork and wheels

- Dried

- Engine bay cleaned and dressed

- Hand polished

- waxed with Dodo Juice supernatural hybrid

- Seal wheels

- Tyre shine

null_zps6fb11051.jpg

null_zps237e56b3.jpg

null_zps9a7a3968.jpg

4b486a2b-cdae-4cbc-afb2-6cccd85bf88b_zps

null_zpse9ba07aa.jpg

Happy with the end result.

Then the following day I also couldnt resist doing a few bits and pieces and working out what I need to purch!

I changed the footwell bulbs to red LEDs

null_zps3723ff6b.jpg

null_zps3ebab179.jpg

And applied AutoBrite's Repel rain repellant to glass windows

null_zps6df2b53d.jpg

That is briefly what has gone on in the last 36 or so hours.

Many many more plans to come.

Minor update

So... my Carbon4Keys skin came in the post today

null-5.jpg

Grabbed some APC, a stanley knife and a hairdryer and set to work!

Work in progress:

null-1.jpg

null-3.jpg

null-2.jpg

And the finished article:

null-6.jpg

null-7.jpg

Headlight Bulb Change

So, finally got round to replacing all of the bulbs in my headlight clusters for brighter whiter light. Along with 'de-tangoing' the front and rear.

Not many pics as just wanted to get on with it. Is a right pain in the ar$e! I guess they must make it so tricky to change a bulb so that they can potetialy profit out of it when Mr/Mrs Smith bring the car into the dealership!

Huge light unit out of the car:

null-8.jpg

null-9.jpg

Light cluster before:

null-10.jpg

Light cluster after:

null-12.jpg

Sidelights:

null-19.jpg

Main beam:

6ea03a2b-d097-40c1-9549-f7414a186620.jpg

Still cant seem to do my :censored: rear indicators yet though.

Finding it impossible to locate the wing nut to release the rear light without doing some damage to interior trim! :wall: