Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bird Droppings

BB69

Hello....Again

I am a little worried about bird droppings on my car. I have owned a black car before (10 years old) and never had a problem.

However I have been told newer cars the poo can strip the paint.

Just wondering what I could use to remove? Other than a good wash of course, but just incase I see some and want to remove asap. Baby wipe? Good old water and kitchen roll?

Also I would like advice re getting the car waxed regularly. I don't think its something I would like to do personally :) I know i'm probably being a big girl about but on this occasion think i'm allowed :P

Can anyone recommend somewhere I could go in London - North/East/Central?

Thanks

Wash bird poo off ASAP, bird poo has acid in it will eat through the paint of any car regardless of age

As for cleaning i have used a baby wipe to clean a wee bit off or a full wash of the body panel if it has been used for target pratice :D

Can't recommend any valeter's near London as live a wee bit away from it :lol:, someone may be along that can help you out

• Like 1

As already said, get it off ASAP. Some QD and a MF cloth kept in the boot would do the trick. There are also bird dropping wipes available in Halfords by AG

Hello....Again

I am a little worried about bird droppings on my car. I have owned a black car before (10 years old) and never had a problem.

However I have been told newer cars the poo can strip the paint.

Just wondering what I could use to remove? Other than a good wash of course, but just incase I see some and want to remove asap. Baby wipe? Good old water and kitchen roll?

Also I would like advice re getting the car waxed regularly. I don't think its something I would like to do personally :) I know i'm probably being a big girl about but on this occasion think i'm allowed :P

Can anyone recommend somewhere I could go in London - North/East/Central?

Hello mate i use these http://www.ccw-tools.com/product.asp?P_ID=29294&af=1792

they are brill even if the bird poo has been there for a while and you have just noiced. they even sell them on ebay and various websites.

Thanks

As already said, get it off ASAP. Some QD and a MF cloth kept in the boot would do the trick. There are also bird dropping wipes available in Halfords by AG

+1

I use a damp warm cloth and leave it on the car for 5 mins, brings it straight off every time.

It all depends on the time of year + what type of bird it was - when the red berries appear on bushes the smaller birds eat them and it's the acid contained in them that then marks your paintwork.

Halfords, go get a bottle of Turtlewax Bug and Tar remover, costs a fiver, then one of the 200g polishing cloth packs £3 and finish off with a pair of scissors. The spray bottle fits in the polish bag and the whole caboodle fits nicely in the corner of the boot! Win!

bugandtar1.jpg

bugandtar2.jpg

It keeps my white festa looking great and takes all of 5 mins after a journey to get rid of everything buggy and tar-like!

Edited by DanGull
Swearing is not allowed on FOC - that includes starred out letters.

Ref: Wax

I am sure the debate between different waxes and their pro's and con's is one that will have previously been discussed. For me nothing works better than;

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_categoryId_165609_productId_763123_langId_-1?cm_mmc=Google%20Product%20Search-_-Car+Cleaning+%26+Pressure+Washers/Car+Cleaning+Materials-_-Na-_-Simoniz+Original+Wax+150g&source=shopping&istCompanyId=b8708c57-7a02-4cf6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istItemId=xwltxar&istBid=t

Its time consuming, hard work and requires a bit of nack, nonetheless, the results are fantastic. Worth every penny.

Turtle wax bug and tar remover works for me as well, I'm always out getting bird poo off the car, where my wife works near to the sea the car is always a target, so I'm maybe out twice a week getting the dreaded stuff off with warm water or even stardrops diluted in a bottle does the trick then wipe off with a microfibre cloth!

Even on holiday I was out everytime the car got attacked, I never used to bother until I got into the car cleaning malark.

My problem I have is where I park the car at my house is the neighbours berry bush, so got to watch from time to time.

i would always say get it off ASAP BUT i would only do it a full was of the panel in question.

Don't go putting products on it as they will take wax or sealent off the car most of them time. Just a normal shampoo and mitt will do you fine.

If its gone really hard i use the fingernails. Works a treat and don't bite your nails afterwards. :lol::unsure:

I carry a spray bottle with shampoo (Dodo BTBM in my case) made up at 1:10. This combined with a thick mf will do the job and the protection will stay in place.

Bug and Tar removers are almost as harsh as the bird poo itself, and will strip any wax instantly.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club