Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Fiesta Interior Light With Sunglasses Holder

Lez

Hi All, why Ford posting some good idea in the user manual, but you can`t buy it for your car? like sunglasses holder, little rack under the stereo, ect...

So diy...

I took a interior light with the sunglass holder from one of scraped ford mondeo, and fitted in my car in a hour.

The original interior light:

med_gallery_13241_370_4537.jpg

i took out the light:

med_gallery_13241_370_18813.jpg

and the frame:

med_gallery_13241_370_54943.jpg

fitted the light in the "new" frame (the old mondeo light was realy nice, and it`s same size, just snap in:

med_gallery_13241_370_13148.jpg

and after cuted the hole biger to fit in the "new" frame. ( sorry no pic)

and fitted back the "new" interior light with sunglasses holder:

med_gallery_13241_370_81906.jpg

and done...

Thx!

• Like 1

Looks great maybe try that myself. Thanks for the guide..

i thought about this the other day, and couldnt believe ford didnt put one in!!

great work mate, what did you use to cut the hole in the roof lining? (whats it made from?)

its from an mk3 mondeo,

Great work

Ash

Hi all!

Thanks!

It`s from a 2003 Mondeo, but i saw this in Focus too, on eBay sale you can find few, but i paid £3 in the next scrapyard... ;)

i used a safety knife for cut it out the roof lining.

Regards!

Hi all!

Thanks!

It`s from a 2003 Mondeo, but i saw this in Focus too, on ebay sale you can find few, but i paid £3 in the next scrapyard... ;)

i used a safety knife for cut it out the roof lining.

Regards!

thats awesome !! scrappys tomorrow :P

did it just pop in or did you have use sumat to hold it in place??? would like a pic of what the cut out was like before you poped it in if i am too be fussy... but brill idea!!

Hi!

I`ll post pic from the cutted hole, and the right size, but i need find the pics, the mic is from my car not from the mondeo, the holder on the back of the frame is same, so just need to push in...

the "new" frame don`t need any diy holder things it`s perfect stay in, if you have a look on the "new" frame pic you can see 4 black pastic things on the back and 3 metal on the front thats holding the frame in the place...

Regards!

Thats brilliant mate

Looks like standard. Nice Job

right, Mine turned up today. Looked a bit grotty so gave it a good clear thoroughly, its now ready to be installed.

Im a tad worried if im honest about cutting into the roof lining, any tips?

just going to use a stanley knife will that be ok? did you mark out the hole first?

right, Mine turned up today. Looked a bit grotty so gave it a good clear thoroughly, its now ready to be installed.

Im a tad worried if im honest about cutting into the roof lining, any tips?

just going to use a stanley knife will that be ok? did you mark out the hole first?

Hi!

Sorry i`m just back from my weekend...

the knife must be sharp, better if you mark it up first with some thick pen, i try find my pictures may i have some like that.

but you can mesure the back of the frame to make sure.

Regards!

• 1 month later...

Did mine today, looks and works great, but was a little scared cutting head lining incase i made new hole to big,

but as i said look great and the bluetooth mic just fits straight into the new frame and works perfect :D

Just purchased mine from eBay for £11.50 and that includes postage.

Any more mods like this that we can do to our fez's

Jamie

Also did this today, got one from scrap yard for £5, bargain!

Only trouble I had was getting the sunglass holder into the roof lining and cutting the new hole was abit scary, works great and look fantastic

i got one from eBay from a mk3 mondeo, as soon as i took my interior light out (the smaller one, basic with no microphone) it just didnt look like it would fit, as in it would have left a gap at the front of the holder.

So abandoned it, didnt want to risk it.

Ash

why didnt it fit please someone please post some pics

Jamie

Big thanks to Lez for the original post!

Fitted mine today, needed a little fettling to get the rear black piece of the holder to the bit we all see. This was due to the thickness of the headlining which must double depth as you go back from the light

Are those four black things (around the sunglasses part) important? I am looking at a holder on ebay but it doesn't seem to have them.

Yes you need the 4 black things , thats the part of the glsses case that keeps it attached to the head lining

Yes you need the 4 black things , thats the part of the glsses case that keeps it attached to the head lining

Thanks you have confirmed my thoughts.

Hi

This is the one i purchased

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200498911228&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

It has the black things mentioned.

Anyone going to post where to cut the hole

Are there any other mods we can do

Jamie

I made a template out of an A4 sheet of card to help me.

First I measured the size of hole needed (around 225mm x 185mm) then set this hole in the middle of the card and cut it out, then a trial fit on the frame to make sure things fit!

This template I then used on the headlining. A bit of tape around where I guessed things would be cut, then placed the template with the front cut edge (the one I cut) lined up on the front cut edge of the headlining. Drew around the inside cut edge of the template onto the tape, then carefully cut it out.

The most difficult part was to get the rear black part fastened back onto the new frame. I had to make the rear headlining thinner, by trimming with a knife, the foam backing of the headlining. It did the job though, last thing I wanted was it dropping out.

Jim

Pretty damn cool idea man! Very spontaneous indeed ;)