Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear View Mirror

leonardwright

My wife has a 1996 Fiesta MK4.

The rear view mirror fell off and broke :(

I ordered a replacement from a breaker through eBay who had a 1998 Fiesta MK4.

However the angles are completely wrong - the mirror looks straight down at the gear stick.

The windscreen has a black tab on it where the mirror should be stuck to with the supplied pads and to the sides has annoying black dots. This means suction mirrors from Halford don't work either as they have to be too low.

Anyone got any suggestions as what I'm doing wrong?

I thought a breaker would be a lot cheaper than going to Ford but it seems a lot of hassle!

My wife has a 1996 Fiesta MK4.

The rear view mirror fell off and broke :(

I ordered a replacement from a breaker through ebay who had a 1998 Fiesta MK4.

However the angles are completely wrong - the mirror looks straight down at the gear stick.

The windscreen has a black tab on it where the mirror should be stuck to with the supplied pads and to the sides has annoying black dots. This means suction mirrors from Halford don't work either as they have to be too low.

Anyone got any suggestions as what I'm doing wrong?

I thought a breaker would be a lot cheaper than going to Ford but it seems a lot of hassle!

OK - the one from the breaker was unbeleivable stiff. So quite a bit of manipulation and and it works perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps the mirror is joined on to the stalk via a ball joint and it can be rotated 360oC try rotate the glass part, as you said its pointing at the gear knob . ;)

Thanks Lenny. Yes it was the ball joint that had seized up. With manipluation I have no loosened it and have a rear view mirror that I'm happy with.

Only problem is that I forgot if you floor the accellerator in this car you get a slightly shaky view. I'm sure the suspension is iffy.

Thanks Lenny. Yes it was the ball joint that had seized up. With manipluation I have no loosened it and have a rear view mirror that I'm happy with.

Only problem is that I forgot if you floor the accellerator in this car you get a slightly shaky view. I'm sure the suspension is iffy.

;) Glad you got sorted mate, maybe check the engine mounts either, they could be a little worn, not a bad complaint though, plenty of poke

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club