• Pirelli
    • Bridgestone
    • Michelin
    • Sava
    • Continental
    • Dunlop
    • Goodyear
    • Other

My Ford Fusion came with "special" R16 wheels. The dealer told me though this "+ version" came with the special wheels, the measure of the tyre are relatively easy to find.

How dumb I feel to have bought into this. Needing two new tyres, I visited a tyre dealer who told me only two cars use this tyre size, the: 195/55 R16

This makes choosing relatively easy, as few tyre brands actually offer this size. :D What I am asking you, in case your wheels are of this size as well, is whether you have any advice to share, choices you have made, or have regretted...

My Plus is on this wheel tyre combination and is currently running CORSA tyres....

They were new ish when i got the car and have done about 12K..

They are going to need replacement soon maybe 15k looking at the way things are going.

As for replacements that will be purely a cost issue... Cheapest wins. :)

• 1 month later...

My Ford Fusion came with "special" R16 wheels. The dealer told me though this "+ version" came with the special wheels, the measure of the tyre are relatively easy to find.

How dumb I feel to have bought into this. Needing two new tyres, I visited a tyre dealer who told me only two cars use this tyre size, the: 195/55 R16

This makes choosing relatively easy, as few tyre brands actually offer this size. :D What I am asking you, in case your wheels are of this size as well, is whether you have any advice to share, choices you have made, or have regretted...

My fronts are now due to be replaced, when i return from holiday

So what did you end up getting?

Did you purchase from a national chain... Kwik fit etc?

Are you happy with them ?

My fronts are now due to be replaced, when i return from holiday

So what did you end up getting?

Did you purchase from a national chain... Kwik fit etc?

Are you happy with them ?

ContiPremiumContact 2 from a local Dealer. So far very happy with them, they actually make a bit less noise than those I had before (run-flat from Dunlop, the ones I got are not run-flat).

Most reviews I found favoured Bridgestone and Continental, but the latter are supposed to last longer. They were about the same price.

If you are changing the fronts, the new tyres should go in the back. The reasoning is that you have more weight in front (also traction), so the best tyres should be in the back.

• 3 years later...

I can recommend the Kleber 'Quadraxer' tyres we had to the fronts over a year ago, done 12k and look hardly worn. They are a '4-season' tyre (as opposed to a full-on 'winter' tyre), and were better than the old ones in the snow last winter.

Can't remember cost, but I get them at 'mates rates' from ATS, where our company buy all their lorry tyres from(!)

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since i last visited this post>

Back in 2010 got two Black and rounds from Black circles . com can`t remember the make but they did for around 30k miles :( At around £180 fitted.

Got two SAVA tyres recently, so far so good. £130 ish fitted

will need another two for the other end so SAVA s again i think.

• 2 years later...

I got Nokian WRD3, offers smooth ride and exceptional handling

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club