Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chris26

Dead

7 posts in this topic

hi my focus has been off road for about a month now and yesterday i changed my starter motor wot the problem was. but whilst the car was parked up i had taken the red terminal off the battery and left the black one on. they car wont turn over have i killed the battery?

hi my focus has been off road for about a month now and yesterday i changed my starter motor wot the problem was. but whilst the car was parked up i had taken the red terminal off the battery and left the black one on. they car wont turn over have i killed the battery?

more likely that for one the battery needs charged after a month of sitting there or youve blown fuses which means going through all the fuses behind the glovebox and in the engine bay one by one to see if any are blown

i have checked fusses non blown but 3 missing no; 39-57-62 ill give the battery a charge over night and see wot happen's

hi

try clearing the terminals.

had i similar problem, paid fords £180 to clean a connector.

thank you.

cleaned all terminals had battery on charge for 2 day's. put it car and doesnt seem to be any power all central locking ect works and the crystal light on battery is green.

cleaned all terminals had battery on charge for 2 day's. put it car and doesnt seem to be any power all central locking ect works and the crystal light on battery is green.

try the relays and fuses under the bonnet especially the large fuses

When you turn the ignition on, what does the pats light do? Flash fast, go solid(on), or no response?

If it flashes fast, leave it like that for over 1 min, If it goes solid after 1 min, it should then start.

If it dosnt go solid, it will probably flash up a code. count the flashes ie.. 2 flashes then 3 flashes means code 23.

Either way let us know.