paulbh

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Name: paul
  • Ford Model: puma
  • Year: 2014

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:11 PM

i came out to my puma after it as sat on my driveway for the last couple of months turned the ignition key just got a click i gave the car a little push and it started but my speedo and rev counter flipped right round the dial and have stayed there any suggestion how to resolve thanks Paul

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jedamotorsport

jedamotorsport

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Ford Model: RS`S
Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:04 PM

i came out to my puma after it as sat on my driveway for the last couple of months turned the ignition key just got a click i gave the car a little push and it started but my speedo and rev counter flipped right round the dial and have stayed there any suggestion how to resolve thanks Paul

Remove the battery negative lead for half an hour,then take the car for a good blast for the ECU to relearn its values.

Jeff

#3 paulbh

paulbh

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Name: paul
  • Ford Model: puma
  • Year: 2014

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:31 AM

Remove the battery negative lead for half an hour,then take the car for a good blast for the ECU to relearn its values.

Jeff

I will try that out cheers Paul

#4 Mark Foster

Mark Foster

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Puma 1,7

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:27 PM

My battery died this week after just a few days without driving, got that clicking sound, just gave it a push there was a slight smell of oil but its fine

I had that same problem with the dials in my MG as well but it just fixed itself

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users